Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Since it was brought up in another post I decided to see how many forum members would be at the Space City match this year? I know there are several Texas shooters here. I will be an RO this year as usual so if you are shooting, be nice to your ROs :D:P:) TXAG

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave,

I'll be shooting Limited.

I picked up an STI Edge last year and I'll be shooting from my IDPA rig. The gun's still a baby and has only seen about 500 rounds of factory ammo so far. I don't have a 40 load together yet so that will be a project over the next couple weeks. 200+ rounds in 7 stages sounds like fun.

What will you be shooting?

-Vincent

I like you am shooting Limited, but am still unclassified. I too, got an STI last year, and have worked up a load using Montana Gold 180 FMJ, 5.2 gr of VV320, Fed 100 primers, loaded to 1.1950. Makes major in my gun, maybe this will help you...

Want some pointers on how to negotiate the swinging bridge, you go first, I'll watch..maybe we can both watch Travis Hartzell. Should be a good match, I've talked to lots of shooters who are coming, maybe some real Hot Rocks there to see. I'm just hoping not to shoot myself in the foot, it has been a while since I shot an IPSC/USPSA match. Good luck...

Hey Jeeper:

Let me help. How about 2 plate racks. First string one rack freestyle, one rack SHO? Second string freestyle one rack then WHO for the other. 5 plates per rack, revolver friendly.

Vincent Welcome to B limited (Killer Bees)

Hope to see y'all there but haven't got confirmation yet.

Cheers,

Norm

Lee: there are some other spelling mistakes on the stage descriptions, too. Guess we haven't seen the final edit.

Thanks Norm. The rain and mud at the classifier didn't lend to a great performance but watching Travis and Lee shoot was worth the drive.

Is there a cutoff on the number of shooters? I have not received a confirmation either. I'll assume things are a go until told otherwise. ;)

Hey Vincent:

I think the cut-off is probably around 150. Not sure why I think that though.

I think you did pretty well to go from Unclas to B right off. Jeeper's the only other guy I've seen manage that (and he's a first class sandbagger who just happened to get caught)

You not only had some crappy conditions to contend with but at least one of your classifers is the one from heck. (Or at least belongs to the class of the few so labeled.)

Hey Jeeper:

I know where we can get 2 Texas Stars and options on two more if you're still stuck for ideas.

Cheers,

Norm

o0oo0 Texas Stars!!! Thats a MUST!

well Greenwood @ BAPS already have stars right? I know Night Owls also has one - we gotta have this in Space City! Hmm I've only seen 2 stars in one stage - and that was TX Limited 2003, would be interesting to have 3 stars (but then the minimum round count would only jump an extra 100 rounds)

vincent: ehhh that all classifier was kind of funny though, me and my dad got stuck 3-4 times... and all because of travis' H2!! made holes everywhere! As far as the classifiers go... i actually did well enough to be 92.4% in open now, and 15th overall Master in the country, I'm kind of want to be GM by Space City, but theres still Area 4.

See you all @ Space City !

Right now there is one star on my stage but it has a no-shoot behind one of the side positions. :P I was going to add a piece of hard cover steel in front of another postition but that just seemed mean. Since there isnt all that much steel in the rest of the match this stage is rather heavy steel and long shots. There are also going to be the two activators that I built on the stage also. They will be on a stage this saturday so that we can stress test them and make sure they work good.

There were 2 stars on a stage at A4 a couple years back. Star and a couple paper through one door and the same set up through the neighboring door. Pretty cool. At the last Carter Martin there were stars on two stages. On one stage there were 2, set up to rotate in opposite directions when activated. Lots of ways to try to shoot those. The stage ended with a hammer.

PSC has a star; BAPS has one; Greenwood has one, SETPS has one with a wicked extra arm for hanging a boat anchor and one from Night Owls. We could prolly set a record 5 on a single stage.

Of course you risk having the villagers coming after you with torches lit and blood in their eyes.

Maybe we could work in a couple low ports?

Jeeper, I can help.

Norm