Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Point Series

dpeters8445

:( Well, to me, it seems that most anyone can "buy" a championship. If I can afford to make ALL the matches, and post even a mediocre score, I'll probably finish quite high. But lets see...About $1000-$1500 in match fees, hotel and gas is about another $2500 (more if gas hits $3.00 this summer), airline tickets (if necessary), new gun, as I'll wear one out doing the series ($1000-$3000 depending on division), and then the impending divorce in October (lawyer, gun collection liquidation, and limited visitation rights to my children). After it is all said and done, I'll be living in a tent on Lake Michigan (damn it's cold in November!!!), but I'll have my plaque for C-class limited 10, Revolver or Open (I'd choose the best of these 3...might as well game it and go the full monty!!!). I also might as well get a hooker in every town I shoot, as I certainly won't be getting any at home (read headline: recently divorced IPSC addict will work for match fee and range brass.)!!! So with all the above expenses (hooker included), it comes to about a $200,000 plaque for me. Damn this sport is expensive!!! :wacko:

Hey Shred...

Where the HELL do you live???!!!...Alaska??? Man, you really are screwed, one state match, one Area match, one "other" and Nats if you're lucky...You wouldn't stand a chance!!!

I feel for you my brother...They really gotta make this more user-friendly if they wanna get the participation. I think Nats, one Area, two State Sectionals, and one "other" match. At least with those five matches, you could feasibly do it all in your Area with the exception of Nats. I don't think National realizes that we all aren't single with unlimited sponsors for match fees and bo-bo's to burn. I wanna be like Robbie :(

Barrettone

Hey Shred...

Where the HELL do you live???!!!...Alaska???  Man, you really are screwed, one state match, one Area match, one "other" and Nats if you're lucky...You wouldn't stand a chance!!!

Central Texas. Home to the second-largest population of IPSC shooters.

There are a few sections in TX, but here there's only independant clubs. We almost have enough for another section.

:( Yea,

I talked to Ken Hicks about your unique situation down there. You guys have multiple sections in ONE STATE!!! He was telling me that driving across that vast expanse you guys have can be daunting at best as far as USPSA matches are concerned. Well, at least you guys have Wayne Miller and Ken down there!!! You guys are lucky...They are the sh** when it comes to match production!!! One of these days I gotta get down there and shoot in the "netherworld". I hear it's totally different down there.

Later,

Barrettone

OK, so my certificate says 2003 Point Series Championship but my plaque says 2004 Point Series Championship.... :wacko: Maybe I'll take some of my winnings and have Emanuel at ProTech change the face plate on the plaque... :blink:

[ah..shut-up who asked you anyway mode/on]

I get 10 vacation days per year. The point series is outta my league.

[ah..shut-up who asked you anyway mode/off]

But, congratulations to those who won. :)

OK, so my certificate says 2003 Point Series Championship but my plaque says 2004 Point Series Championship.... :wacko: Maybe I'll take some of my winnings and have Emanuel at ProTech change the face plate on the plaque... :blink:

Roger, we can give them to him this weekend at Alabama... :P

Good idea Matt. When I am telling spellbinding stories to my grandkids of my awesome National Point Series win I want to be able to refer to a plaque that has the correct year of the event. :D

Barrettone,

Am I right in thinking that there is only one "other" match allowed per Area?

I think that last year, for Area 5, the S&W match in Barry served as the "other" point series match for us.

(I'd have to go read up to be sure though.)

Hey Flex,

You are correct...only ONE per area. Gary Stevens has asked PASA to do an "OTHER" match...we'll see. They don't know if they want to burn out their people trying to do so (I don't blame them). It's just hard to do the series when you MUST shoot two to get the optimum points and only ONE is allowed per area. I think we either need more available matches per area, or we need to lower the requirement. See where I'm going with this??? Point Series is a great idea, it just needs some tweaking. The average Joe can't make eight majors...I think it should be more like five (Nats, one area, two sectionals, and one "other"). This would open it to more people, as they could do everything except Nats in their Area of choice, and not break their bank account trying to attend eight majors, also, they wouldn't chew up all their vacation time.

Barrettone

PhilTerry

Would like to say congratulations on your Limited 10 B win. I had a great time chasing you last year in the point series. You won't have me on your tail this year I will be playing in open class with the series. Good luck to you in this years race.

Wayne L. Patmore

Wayne

Thank you I was watching you all season as well! I got to shoot places I would never have visited last year without the Points Series and this year will be even better _ I managed to arrange some business around the Florida Open match never having shot in Florida before and I think I may also be able to do the same for Summer Blast.