Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana X-treme copper cream

TBF

I got a bottle of this stuff from sinclair.

Says " non abrasive " on the bottle.

Dried residue looks like polishing compound.

Absolutely no disgust with the product.

But after the elation of getting far more stuff out of the barrel ( LOTS of gray patches ) I realized that something must be up...Or my prior cleaning regimen was woefully inadequate. ( Butch's bore shine and occasional JB )

I am thinking this stuff may be like JB, in that you never get a clean patch out of the bore, cuz it rubs off a tiny amount of steel with each pass.

Ever use it ????

It eats the living crap out of copper. It has no effect on steel wool overnite.

And it does not burn the hairs out of your nose when you use it.

Travis F.

PS....... I know I'm being anal about the clean patch thing.

Ever use it ????

Well.... no.

I do look down my bore. I have not run a patch through a barrel in 3 years (unless I'm shootin' lead).

I'm seriously thinking that if it works in my pistol barrel, why not a rifle barrel? Am I gonna blow up my AR15 finding out?

I hear you on the pistol thing.

And I doubt you will blow up your rifle, but you might notice the difference on paper.

A clean rifle is a happy rifle. ( bore wise anyway )

Travis F.

I am thinking this stuff may be like JB, in that you never get a clean patch out of the bore, cuz it rubs off a tiny amount of steel with each pass.

I am not sure that is why the patch always darkens. It may be a chemical reaction, not necessarily scrubbed off steel. Personally, I soak my barrels in Kroil and scrub them with a nylon bore brush. Very rarely do I use a polishing compound like J+B. If I shoot good quality FMJ ammo, it isn't necessary.