Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best all-around AR-15 bipod

9x45

Which Brand? Harris, low (9in - 13in). The new M option (notches and spring eject legs) is good. I don't like the way the swivel one feels (some folks love it), so I would recommend the HBL, or HBLM instead of the HBL-S or the HBLM-S

http://www.harrisbipods.com/

Why? Because the Harris ones are simple, and because most everyone is running one which means you can always borrow one if you forget yours, or it breaks (they are actually very robust). There is a lot to be said for going with what most everyone else uses (better'n 75% of 3gun bipod (ab)users choose a Harris).

--

Regards,

Fixed Harris, Mount short so you can grab a leg to tilt.

Alternate, use the 30 as a monopod. you need to NOT slam the gun into the ground and you do need to practice the move. Also need to know your mags, so are OK, others....

Jim

Hey guys..... and gals,

I now have my aluminum bi-pod feet that I've been using for a couple of years in production and for sale. You can check out the specs at www.brucepiatt.com.

Better pictures are in the works as my website has just been completed. They should be available thru Brownells or Dillon soon. My websight is not set up for sales as of yet.

Bruce Piatt

Can anyone tell me what adapters I'd need to mount a Harris on my AR, it has a JP free float handguard that is fluted, I've seen bipods mounted into a nut that clamps itselt onto the handguard through the flutes, not sure what hardware I need though, thanks.

Can anyone tell me what adapters I'd need to mount a Harris on my AR, it has a JP free float handguard that is fluted

If you have a JP handguard, all you need is the stud insert that JP makes (you should have gotten at least one with the handguard). Give them a call and get two while you are at it so you can attach a sling when you need one even while the bipod is on.

The JP Handguard, Tac Rail, and Handguard Stud are pictured at this link. http://www.jprifles.com/FreeFloatTubeSystem.shtml

--

Regards,