Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rainouts..

old shooter

People just need to suck it up and deal with it. 

Take a lesson from the Orygunners, if they had rainouts, they would not have a match for 8 months out of the year.  My old club's match policy:  THE SHOW WILL GO ON, period.  And you know what?  People showed up.  They *knew* there would be a match to go to.

Tell that to the range owners. :angry:hint: it's not us. They've thrown us off the range and made us pack up right then and there because it was raining. Given the lack of good shooting facilities in the immediate area, we are unfortunately at their whims.

Tell that to the range owners. :angry:hint: it's not us. They've thrown us off the range and made us pack up right then and there because it was raining.

Huh?!

And the rationale would be....?

I know every MD wants the match to go on. I also know about range owners afraid of liability issues and range destruction, but I just want to shoot. Shred, I will be there April 10th, I hope I don't jinx the match. Just in case, plan a few umbrella stages.....TL, see you there also....

Mike

Tell that to the range owners.   :angry:  hint: it's not us. They've thrown us off the range and made us pack up right then and there because it was raining.

Huh?!

And the rationale would be....?

If I may diverge into geology for a moment; the ranges are comprised of recently decomposed limestone, a key ingredient in cement. When water (another key ingredient in cement) is applied in the form of rain, it becomes sticky, slippery mud, which accretes into all manner of ruts, lumps and objectionable shapes under, in, on and around shooters' pounding feet. Sometime shortly thereafter (this is Texas), the sun comes out and bakes what remains into something closely resembling cement. The ruts, lumps and pits remain. Tracks from my truck years ago and perhaps even misguided Oregon Trail wagons are still extant in the back of bay two...

Thus the range owners disapprove of mud-matches.