Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new non-open gun

warpspeed

I originally started out with the intention of having a dedicated lower for a Marvel 22 top. Decided that it could do double duty as a 9x19 steel gun so I added the upper. I'm very happy. :D

Shot it today for the first time after getting it back from hardchromer. 2" @ 25yds was no problem.

9mm%20bsh2.JPG

Be forewarned about squaring the trigger guard, not all holsters will like it.

It fits solid in a Safariland 012 but doesn't hold for sh!t in an Arredondo ( and I suspect a Limcat). I'll likely use it out of the 012 or a Blade-Tech kydex if I shoot IDPA.

But I like the look too. :D

I really like that.  Exactly what I *need* in a 9mm :D

I felt the same way. I shoot a lot of steel and the plates don't seem to notice if the bullet is 0.400 or 0.355 dia. Nothing against the 40, I have a XD in 40, but I wanted a 1911 format ltd gun in 9mm.

I had Benny Hill build the lower. He did an excelent job and the trigger was a perfect 2#, no creep.

I still want to be able to use it for a Marvel 22 so I had Irv Stone @ Bar-Sto Precsion fit a unramped 9mm bushing barrel. Idea here was that I could use it for IDPA ESP if I wanted to and if I need extra weight I can use a tungsten guide rod. I fit the fp stop, extractor & ejector and took it to Tech Plate to have it hardchromed. They turned it in 1 week and the job was awsome. Since they are local, I was able to save on shipping. $ 102 if IRRC.

Put the internals back in and put on the sights. Gun runs great.

• 8 months later...

The only thing different now from the picture is the magwell. In order to fit in the IDPA box, the magwell had to be modified, mostly in width.

140 mm mags are too long regardless of pads. 120 or 126 will work with flat pads.