Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new 3 gun vest...

Don't you need way more caddys for ironman? Also, how are you gonna feed a Saiga with caddys?

I have a different vest for Saiga mags. My Kifaru EMR hold 120 pounds worth of stuff easily. This vest will sit in the pack until my Saiga explodes.

I have space to add one more shell carrier to that vest if necessary. 10 in the gun + 9 in side saddle + 24 on vest = 43 shells. The round count at Ironman is not what it once was, and there's also a lot of places to stage ammo on the course on tables more than there used to be.

A couple years ago, at the FN\CMMG 3 gun there was a 40+ round Shotgun stage. :surprise: Last year they "toned it down" to 38 or so rounds...

Edited by barrysuperhawk

I really liked the idea of the OP's vest for patrol shoots, where you have to carry all your gear/ammo all the time. No staging of ammo on a stage. We have a patrol shoot coming up with a round count around 200 rifle, 80 shotgun and 100 handgun, all if you don't miss. That is to much for a vest and pockets are to slow. I called Coyote yesterday and ordered the vest, but had them change the utility pocket to storage for a few long glock mags. He charges $100 for the vest if anyone was wondering. I also asked him if he could come up with a drop leg dump pouch for empty mags. They do not have a website but there is a blog spot site they have pictures on. Only contact info is a gmail account, but they responded the same day and told me they could get me hooked up before the next patrol match in two weeks.

Thanks to the OP for brining this up and posting good pics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How did you attach the caddies to the molly?

California Comp works makes a MOLLE compatible style with UM84 attachment. The toober vest does not have MOLLE on the front though, it is purpose built to accept the UM84 style attachments with a 2.75" wide section of rigid nylon to attach them to.

• 4 months later...

CSV-2.jpg

It's purpose built for carrying the California Comp Works carriers. The CCW carriers are the UM84 style; there is a 2.75" section of rigid nylon underneath for them to attach to. They are easily removable if I'm not using a shotgun. The vest has two duty keepers that tie into my pants belt and duty belt the prevent it from riding up when ripping out the shells.

can you please post more detailed pics to show exactly how you attached those California Competition Works shotshell carriers to the MOLLE attachment points?

• 4 weeks later...

It actually occurs to me that "how much is enough" is a pretty complicated topic. With matches like the MGM Iron Man, it's almost impossible to have too much. But since there are no real standard courses for local and regional matches, I can see where it would be easy to end up with too much or not enough for any given match. It almost seems as if you have to go to the match with a bunch of stuff and be prepared to either carry it all the time or can you reconfigure for each stage?

Is there such a thing as an average stage to plan for? The more I think about this, the more practical that check rig starts to look.

A wise man once told me "The only time you can have too much ammo is when you're swimming" :ph34r:

Thats funny, "The only time you can have too much ammo is when you're swimming"

Yea swimming or on fire. :cheers: