Incredible or what ?

Go back and look again!!

Anyone who counts all 6 "F's" on

the first go is a genius.

Three is normal, four is quite rare.

Send this to your friends --

it drives them crazy.

Nothing so misterious or incredible.

It all comes down to reading pace and visual focus.

If you try to read it fast, you'll process only the first letter of each word, since the first 2 Fs are initials, and the 4th F is at the end of a line.

You need to put attention on what you are actually reading to get all 6 fs.

Did somebody mention visual awareness? :D

Well, I shouldn't say no problems... I had to read it twice because it's so semantically horrible. As far as picking out the "F"'s... no problems.

So, here's a question... how many "o"'s are in this post? :D

o

I'd seen this before.

I thought the reason most people didn't count "of" was because we've trained ourselves to casually process words like "of" or "and" etc. etc.

I always thought this drill spoke to level of detail, taking things for granted, explaining why you can miss something because you are so confident you'll get the answer right that you miss the little things (causing failure)

You gotta believe it relates back to shooting - simply from the standpoint that the big things we do wrong are obvious, but the little things can kill us too.

JB

I counted the letters 3 times and came up with 3 F's each time. Then again, I read for information in "blocks" at a rate several times faster than I can speak. I find it very difficult to read for leisure or entertainment, but I can knock out a 600 page Internetworking book (and pass the exam) in a week. I seriously doubt the "test" has much to do with shooting ability, capacity to develop shooting skills, or IQ.

I got 3 f's 2 times. Then I got them all. To me it is kind of like an old programming teacher of mine.

Teacher: "What is the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up?"

ME: " Yawn."

Teacher: " You.........

See if you can guess it. I will post the answer later or maybe another post lol. I know I am gettin really bad about drifting. Too many things in me head going at once.

Happy Shooting

Paul Franklin

Had a psych prof in college that liked this kind of stuff.

He said (and proved his point in our class) that scientists and engineers more often got it right because they tend to read every word. He said the liberal arts types tend to read in blocks of words.

He started studying this beacuse of the complaints he got from the technical crowd that his reading assignments were too long.

Another thing he did is gave timed reading tests that no one could get through and then tested to see about retention and detail. The techies got and retained much more of the detail, but didn't get nearly as far as the others (so they missed out on some of the concepts all together).

I was a techie and I did have to hustle to get his reading done.

I'm in sales now so I started looking for the trick and counted ALL the Fs in the post as well.

Geek

I am already breathing, so I think I would likely open my eyes...though, sometimes I will simply listen with my eyes closed.

I am already breathing, so I think I would likely open my eyes...though, sometimes I will simply listen with my eyes closed.

That my friend just put you in the top 20 percent of programmers. Most dont get it right. I didn't. It's all about logical steps. In exact order. Kudos to you.

Paul Franklin

Question: Why do women rub their eyes when they wake up?

Answer: Because they don't have any ba!!s to scratch.

LOL that always makes me fall out of my chair when I hear it. Every time I see my wife doing it. LOL.

Paul Franklin