Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

- 19 degree weather

maineshootah

I hear ya. My first floor was 48 degrees this morning and the heat was running full blast. I think our pipes half froze, we ended up with some nasty sediment coming out of the hot water lines this morning. I dragged my kerosene salamander heater in from the garage (man/reloading/junk cave) to keep the pipes from freezing and stayed home from work to shove some more insulation under the house. Today sucked.

I feel your pain. I lived in Wyoming for 4 yrs. and seen -49F. Car battery was froze, lucky the freeze plugs in the block didn't pop. Moving to the southwest sounds great. Inlaws and sister in law lived in sun city and sun city grand for yrs. Great place to be in the fall, winter & spring. Fabulous place to shoot.

Don't start bringing in that wind chill stuff.. lol Whatever the thermometer says is what it is :)

It's funny how fast you get used to the temps being in the teens with snow covering everything. I used to think 20s was cold.. now, the 20s with calm skies, that's long sleeve tee shirt weather

It's colder up north than here (up by the Canadian border), lowest we've seen this season is -24. But that's the low of the day, not the high. We've only had a few days that stayed near zero for a high. And when it's around that temp, it's usually nice outside (crossing fingers). Sun is shinning, calm winds.. it's simply too beautiful for words.

It's been unseasonably warm the last few weeks, an odd day in the single digits, but this week is supposed to be in the mid to upper 40s.. I want the tempatures to drop again :devil: