Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ouch!!

tightloop

I feel your pain! Back when I was shooting a Caspian Open gun I shaved the fingerprints off the pad of my left index finger. I managed to get my left index finger right on the nose of the top bullet in the mag just like you're supposed to on the reload. What I didn't manage to do was remove said finger before RAMMING the mag into the magwell. For those of you who've never had the pleasure, the leading edge of the mag just below the bullet nose somehow becomes razor sharp on all Caspian mags no matter how often they are deburred. Fortunately the bloody chunk of meat shaved off the pad of my finger didn't jam the gun, but it wasn't easy seeing the targets through the tears.

My favorite feeling is when my SIG P-226 pinches the meat of the palm on my weakhand between the mag floorplate and the magwell. Yeooowww!

I once shot the rest of a stage stronghand after a blown SIG-226 re-load, and had to just keep firing until slide lock to be able to unload and show clear :o

I do feel all of your pain :(

--

Regards,

My now ex-girlfriend removed a good portion of her thumbnail on her weak hand reloading my limted gun once. Bloodied up my mag and blaster pretty bad. I tried to be simpathetic and not laugh. She DNFed the match. Not sure she ever shot another match. ;) TXAG