Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hoser crap...

Ron Ankeny

John:

Thanks for the support, but I knew when I posted that folks would not follow the rules of the forum and I would be starting a controvesial subject.

Rufus:

This is the hate forum and it's a thread for folks who are fed up with hoser stages. Please follow the rules and let us rant. Thanks you.

An occasional hoser stage is fine as long as it isn't the norm. I prefer to build stages that are fast, but require some accuaracy. What I really hate are 20 round "Stand and Blast" stages where no thought has gone into it's design, just throw a bunch of targets down range and shoot them. That's boring.

Rufus:

Ah, we are on the same page and thus my frustration. I have asked, politely I might add, for some of the stage designers to become a bit more familiar with the rules. I have also offered to help arrange stages, make some subtle changes, etc., but to no avail. There is a core of shooters who feel that high round count hoser stages is the preferred type of course and that's what they want. Their thought process is to cram as many rounds as possible into the available space for the benefit of guys who drive so darned far. For instance, I shot an approved match this year from "Box A" and we fired a total of 16 rounds from one position at hoser targets without a mandatory reload. Obviously, this violates USPSA guidelines, but that's what the folks want. They believe everyone can hit the targets so they will get a warm fuzzy, the timer will seperate the classes, and the divisions will seperate those who need to reload from those who do not. OK, I'll play...but that kind of stuff is becoming the norm and I don't like it.