Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mag tube question

midget

Well I need my mag tube to be about 7/8ths of an inch longer... Right now it will hold 7...

What can I do? Should I extend the mag tube or should I trim the spring? Open to any ideas....

Need it to go just....a.....little.....further......

IMG_20110120_191709.jpg

Check the end cap, it may not be fully seated, or it may need some material trimmed. Trimming spring is fine too. IIRC you want 8-9" of spring showing when it's inserted but not compressed into the tube. The follower can also be thinned a little depending on what style it is. You could also add a washer under where the tube threads in.

But, 7/8' is a lot to ask of these options IMHO, maybe shorter shot shells are in order here ;)

runs perfectly...the spring is 3" longer than the mag tube ext + existing magazine

Your spring seems short already. Might want to check out a Nordic extension tube, they can be fit to any length you may need and are easy to adjust length or move over to another gun should the need arise.

Nordic is my recommendation as well. I would also spring (pun intended) for a longer version, in case you find yourself at some outlaw match where shoving a couple extra in is allowed.

Oh, I cut a spring down to 9 inches over once, and my last shell didn't feed.

Good luck!

Nordic is my recommendation as well. I would also spring (pun intended) for a longer version, in case you find yourself at some outlaw match where shoving a couple extra in is allowed.

Oh, I cut a spring down to 9 inches over once, and my last shell didn't feed.

Good luck!

+1 Get a tube that is big enough to do anything you want it to. Its easier to plug a tube than extend it.