6 batting titles

Most Valuable Player twice

Served our country in WWII as a fighter pilot

.344 carreer batting average

over 500+ Homeruns in his carreer

Hall of Fame in 1986

The best hitter that ever lived....

avid hunter and fisherman

If I wanted to see the ted williams in the first post, I would dry by the underpass. Why don't the news media talk about true american hero's. Men/Woman who served their country, and influenced a generation of people.

This is the Ted Williams I want to remember

post-6635-045016700 1295348069_thumb.jpg

post-6635-035743700 1295348863_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sean Gaines

Big +1 brother; plus they don't tell the story of the homeless guy leaving his wife destitute and his kids without food while he used whatever money he scrounged to pay for his alcohol and drugs. We need more stories about heros not people who chose a lifestyle and then regretted it because it cost them too much.

If there has ever been a case where someone is targeted for failure, it's this guy. All that publicity and they're sending him to some posh celebrity rehab center to boot when for the money they are spending on this guy, they could help him, his family, and many more like them. All so a few people get to pat themselves on the back for being humanitarians while this guy gets put under the microscope of public scrutiny just waiting for him to backslide. It's just plain sad but the public just laps this stuff up.

The statistics on in-patient rehab are appalling, with the vast majority of attendees relapsing within weeks or months, at most. I see it a lot with parents who put their addict kid into some posh in patient facility for 30 to 45 days and, waa-lah, they're cured! What a joke. Real treatment doesn't cost a thing - it's called AA and NA. The success of the latter programs is very good because it's maintenance treatment, which works. The rest is just fluff which is used to minimize the disruption of both the sponsor and attendee's life. I hope this guy makes it but like the others have said we'll see. I'm not holding my breath.

As I suspected, with the overnight fame, he may fall back into the grove of drugs and alky. Now walked out of rehab(??), must not be taking it serious. Plus his arrest record :surprise: (of course this is according to the news, as I dont know 100%)

It was such a predictable thing. HEY! I have a great idea!!! Let's give a ton of money and fame to a homeless drug addict that is trying to get sober!!!

Even IF he really was trying, there was no chance he could make it through that...