Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The July 1st deadline is still good. I was in Alaska and Atlantic City for the last week, but I'm back home for a bit. Although my iMac has pooped out again and I can't send emails, I'm making last minute arrangements. Sunday AM is now full, as of today. Any other requests for this day will either be put on the wait list or assigned their 2nd choice shooting day.

I've attached the latest squad lists. I'll be updating the website with them today.

NOTICE!!!

As the match grows closer, squads on light days will be re-arranged to ensure there are 9-10 shooters on a squad. Of course, your squad requests will be honored, and I will ensure that no-one gets split up. The match must run on time...too many runs slow, and too few doesn't leave enough people to reset steel.

We currently have around 125 Limited shooters and 85 Open. That's a lot less than I expected, but we're still going to have a great time!

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Phil Strader

www.proamshooting.com

Squad lists.zip

Edited by gmshtr

I'm glad you asked. I just submitted the stages to my webmaster, but here's a sneak peek for the enos folks out there!

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT PAR TIMES MAY (AND PROBABLY WILL) CHANGE.

Thanks for all of your patience. The prize table officially topped $60,000 yesterday!

Phil

www.proamshooting.com

2011 Pro-Am Stages.zip

Well, the UNofficial prize table total is $73,007.99 for both Limited and Open. I've attached the prize lists. The items in Bold are what I have in my possession right now, and the plain text is what has been confirmed. Some of the descriptions are a bit vague, but you'll get the idea. If for some reason the promised product doesn't make it, I'll announce the changes to the list before the awards. I've never had a sponsor pull out after confirming, but you never know.

The good news is you won't need to print them out and try to keep up with them. I've actually printed them in the match book this year. They're small, but legible.

The deadline is tomorrow for receiving registrations. If you intend on registering there, please email me ahead at proamshooting@cox.net.

Looking forward to getting this puppy finished so I can start on the Area 4 table! :wacko:

Phil

2011 Prize List LIMITED.pdf

2011 Prize List OPEN.pdf

Edited by gmshtr

The match is less than two weeks away!

Although the deadline has passed, you still can shoot the match. Here's how:

Fill out, scan, and email a copy of your registration to proamshooting@cox.net. You can then pay at the match. This option will be available only until July 7th. After then, I will be on the road, and will only have access to my email via iPhone. PLEASE DO NOT SIMPLY SHOW UP LIKE YOU WOULD AT A CLUB MATCH!!! I will need some advance notice if you intend to shoot this year's Pro-Am!!

See you there!

Phil Strader

www.proamshooting.com

Edited by gmshtr

It's gettin' close!

Everyone, I leave for Florida day after tomorrow. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you intend to shoot the match by tomorrow. If you intend to simply show up with no match application scanned or emailed beforehand, I will be forced to possibly dismantle squads to avoid having one too big or too small...and that will cost us valuable time. I will have very limited email access, but I will do my best to keep up with any last minute interests. I've attached the latest squad lists. I will email my last squad list update to all of the competitors (I have emails for) tomorrow evening.

See everyone there!

Phil

Squad Lists.zip

Phil, could you give us an idea, not necessarily the actual number, about what kind of score it's taken in the past to win each class? Or anyone else maybe? Just think that would be interesting to know.

If you go to the ProAm website (www.proamshooting.com) and go to the scoring page they still have the scores from last year linked. Looks like the timed tie-breaker stage can have an impact!

1st B class limited was 179 and 4th B which is what I finished was 155.

1st C lass open which I finished was 138 and 2nd was 135.

The trick is to shoot slow and never miss.

Here is my video from last year. I took home a pair if XD's for 4th B Limited and 1st C Open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KisQB276OM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hmmm, I watched the video, exactly where did the "shoot slow" happen? LOL. Looked good

Yeah, I shot super fast and missed a lot. I probably should have put an "LOL" after that comment in my last post. Phil knows his shituff. He sets that steal just close enough so a average shorter like me thinks they can mow it all down fast but it's way better to just take it easy and hit everytime just like shooting long range rifle in 3 gun. Each miss sounds fast but it costs you 2-3 seconds which is at least an extra piece of steal on top of the one you missed.

I just checked flights again and mentioned a two day trip to the wife and I got lit up! I wish I could join you guys next weekend but momma said knock me out. Post up some videos when it's all said and done please. Have fun guys.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser