Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

Anyone have an update on this match ? Where will it be held ?

I follow the Pro Am site, the Frostproof and Tulsa sites, have a friend that is a member in Tulsa and active in groups there watching, and I am on Phil's email list: No official word since he communicated the February 1st date for one way or the other. His hopes sounded like he would do all he could to remain in Tulsa, but the ball was in USSA's court.

I prefer Tulsa because I've been there for the Pro Am, and it is 850 miles from home rather than 1625.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really sorry for the delay everyone! There have been a LOT of issues going on with this year' s Pro-Am Shooting Championship, but it finally looks like there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm lining out a match hotel tomorrow, and I'll be updating it then.

As you probably know, this year's match will be in Frostproof, FL at the Universal Shooting Academy - July 15-17. Frank Garcia and Manny Bragg have been more than gracious, and they will be helping me to ensure that this year's match will be the best ever. I am already getting great response from sponsors, and you may be surprised to see what companies have stepped up in a big way!

WEBSITE

Last year's website (proamshooting.com) is not owned by me, and I'm trying to work out a deal to keep it updated with this year's information. However, I've decided to make a slight update to my site to accommodate the current match registration. If things don't work out with the owners (which I'm sure they will), I'll build a compete page for the 2011 Pro-Am.

GENERAL INFO

The match will be run the exact same way as last year..same schedule, same squad sizes (7min-10MAX), same prize table policy, same rules, etc. Therefore, if you need to know how things will be run, you can refer to last year's site.

WHAT'S NEW?

Basically the only thing that will change will be the match entry, the itinerary (just some of the locations of things), and the addition of a Match Hotel...which will be established by close of business tomorrow.

STAGES

I was going to bring back two stages from last year, but with the range changes, target availability, props, etc, that's probably not going to work out. For you stage designers out there, please submit some ideas that you would like to see. I'll design a few on my own, but I would LOVE some help.

RO's

I've got a feeling that many of my staff will not be willing to hump all the way to Florida from OK, AR, and WA for a free shared hotel. I will be looking for 28-30 range officers, so please email me at proamshooting@cox.net if you are interested in helping. For the FL match, you will get the following:

Free room and board (two RO's per room) for 3 nights at the match hotel. Free lunch on Fri-Sat-Sun, Free entry to one amateur match - Friday ONLY (AND eligible for match prize table visit), RO/Staff appreciation dinner Friday night (with random prize drawing). Last year, the RO appreciation function gave away over $3000 worth of stuff to 27 RO's!

Remember, Sunday AM (Limited) fills up fast! Last year, it only took 10 days.

The 2011 Match Entry can be found at: http://www.straightersolutions.com/Straighter_Solutions,_LLC/Pro-Am.html

Please pass this info along to everyone!

Thanks,

Phil Strader

Match Director

2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

I know I promised match hotel info today, but the sales manager for the resort won't be in until tomorrow. As soon as I drop the boy off at school, I'll head back home and post it. She should have the rooms blocked first thing in the morning.

It's a really cool place, it's pretty comparatively priced, and it's absolutely the closest place to Universal Shooting Academy.

Sorry this was a day late, but the Sales Manager didn't come in until today.

The match hotel will be the Westgate River Ranch resort. I used to stay here every year when I attended the Florida Opens years ago, and it was great. They have standard rooms, cabins, cottages, a rodeo, saloon, on-site restaurants and stores, a golf course, skeet fields...even an airport! It's only 16 miles from the range. 630 to hwy 60, and you're there! You can see all the details at www.wgriverranch.com.

We have a block of rooms under group code 24-852. Let them know you are attending the Pro-Am Shooting event. Reservations can be reached at (863) 692-1321.

Group Rates are:

Inn Rooms - $79.00/night

Efficiencies - $79.00/night

Courtyard - $99.00/night

1 Bedroom Cottage - $149/night

2 Bedroom Cottage - $249/night

1 Bedroom Cabin - $169/night

2 Bedroom Cabin - $289/night

I think there are only 150 rooms total in this community, so don't delay! All of this info is also linked to http://www.straightersolutions.com/Straighter_Solutions,_LLC/Pro-Am.html. I've attached a match application to this thread to help.

Hope to see you there!

Phil

2011 Pro-Am Registration.pdf

Edited by gmshtr

Also, one more thing. I just got the news that www.proamshooting.com should be updated with all of the current information soon. In the meantime, the match application is still currently available at www.straightersolutions.com.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm excited to announce that the 5 top sponsorship slots have ALL been filled BY MAJOR GUN MANUFACTURERS! S&W, Sig, Glock, HK, and FNH have committed to at least $19,000 in firearms towards this year's table! Thus far, I've only gotten in 18 applications, but I've got a feeling things will pick up!

Hope to see you all there!

• 3 weeks later...

Do RO's need to be certified USPSA RO's?

I doesn't hurt, but it's not required.

To everyone else,

At this point, I don't have nearly enough shooters or RO's to make this match happen. I'm 62 PAID shooters away from the break-even point, and I need another 12-14 experienced Range officers.

If you plan to attend this year's Pro-Am or would like to RO, PLEASE ensure that you send your applications soon.

I've attached the registration, and RO/Staff can CLICK HERE for more information to help.

Hopefully, things will come together, and we'll be able to pull this off. BUT, if I don't have at least 100 paid entries by June 1st, I will be forced to cancel the match.

FYI, I'm only up to $51,000 on the prize table ($20,000 of that in firearms), but I've still got A LOT more sponsors to contact.

Thanks!

Phil Strader

www.proamshooting.com

2011 Pro-Am Registration.pdf

It breaks our heart that we cant attend this year, This was our favorite match of all we have attended. 11 hr drive vs 25 hours from MN is just too much. Hope this event comes back to Tulsa. I am sure Phil feels the same . Have fun at a great match for those that can attend.