Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not picking, just wondering...how does Jessie rate amateur status?

Explanations here - http://proamshooting.com/SCORING/scoring.html

Right. And in the Pro-Am rules it says;

"Competitors who have finished in the Top 10 of any USPSA Open, Limited, or Production Nationals in the last three years are NOT eligible to compete as an amateur."

Didn't she win the ladies title in a nationals division or 2? Or is Pro-Am gender neutral? If so Jessie may have won the woman's title, but not finished in the top 10.

That must be it. She's still a kickass shooter.

Edited by remoandiris

Not picking, just wondering...how does Jessie rate amateur status?

Explanations here - http://proamshooting.com/SCORING/scoring.html

Right. And in the Pro-Am rules it says;

"Competitors who have finished in the Top 10 of any USPSA Open, Limited, or Production Nationals in the last three years are NOT eligible to compete as an amateur."

Didn't she win the ladies title in a nationals division or 2? Or is Pro-Am gender neutral? If so Jessie may have won the woman's title, but not finished in the top 10.

That must be it. She's still a kickass shooter.

Correct. Women's title does not equate to top 10 overall for the division.

I hope there's video of that run out there somewhere.

Not sure about amateur video, but I have to think that run will make the show when Shooting USA puts it all together, they were there shooting it with multiple cameras again. Who knows if it will be the Open or Limited run. The Pros shot the Limited match first, that was the first time Manny got it and the one I got to see. Did not get to see the Open run though.

I had a great time RO'ing this match and enjoyed getting to know some shooters from another part of the country. It was a great group and and lots of fun. Phil puts on a great match and I hope I can make it 3 yrs in a row next year.

Stage description is here: http://www.proamshooting.com/STAGES/STAGES2011.pdf

Stage 7 "Batter Up." Manny is the only one who was able to get the bonus plate in BOTH Limited and Open!

he got both, but wasn't he also the ONLY one to get it at all?

That's what I saw. BJ got back to home base but didn't have enough time to break the shot. I think those 2 were the only ones to even attempt it. The stage also changed from that diagram. From home base there were 3 steel on the ground and 5 on the pitchers mound. Manny left the 3 on the ground (on purpose) and cleaned everything else.

On BJ's morning run (the Limited one) he got back to home in enough time to break 2 or 3 shots. He missed all of them. The problem was, he couldn't see the popper through the array of 5 stands on the pitchers mound (he had to look through them, where Manny probably could see over them). BJ gambled that stage twice, leaving easier plates in order to try for the homerun, and he lost the gamble both times.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope there's video of that run out there somewhere.

Not sure about amateur video, but I have to think that run will make the show when Shooting USA puts it all together, they were there shooting it with multiple cameras again. Who knows if it will be the Open or Limited run. The Pros shot the Limited match first, that was the first time Manny got it and the one I got to see. Did not get to see the Open run though.

We've got 'em both, the show is going together as soon as I get back from Multi-gun. I will update when there is a firm airdate

-John

• 2 weeks later...

Great! Looking forward to the episode. Will be back to shoot it again this year. I had seen you all cover it in the past but did not think I would get a chance with ProAm being so far away. Knew when I heard it was in FL I had to go though, was as much fun as it looked on TV.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...