Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Pro 9 not available in NY

92fs

Hi all, I have been looking at the M&P pro series 9mm whowever, I live in NY and the Pro 9 is only offered in 17+1 capacity whick makes it illegal in NY. I called and talked to Smith customer service to confirm that it s not offered in 10+1. This makes no sense to me since the Pro is claimed to be made for USPSA/IDPA competition, both of which have a division capacity of 10+1. When I questioned S&W, all I got was "I don't know, that's a marketing call". I just shot the M+P 9L and really loved the grip geometly and overall feel of the gun so, I'm kind of bummed.

Hi all, I have been looking at the M&P pro series 9mm whowever, I live in NY and the Pro 9 is only offered in 17+1 capacity whick makes it illegal in NY. I called and talked to Smith customer service to confirm that it s not offered in 10+1. This makes no sense to me since the Pro is claimed to be made for USPSA/IDPA competition, both of which have a division capacity of 10+1. When I questioned S&W, all I got was "I don't know, that's a marketing call". I just shot the M+P 9L and really loved the grip geometly and overall feel of the gun so, I'm kind of bummed.

Don't worry man. If you drop an apex competition kit in it you will have a better gun than the pro. You can put whatever sights you want on it.

Don't worry man. If you drop an apex competition kit in it you will have a better gun than the pro. You can put whatever sights you want on it.

Is that what you run? If so, Do you have any reliability issues with the lighter springs?

Find a buddy in PA(or anywhere really) to buy one and keep your mags. Then he can ship it to your FFL to do the required legal transfer work to you.

That would be legal and would follow correct federal laws and procedures. Not sure about NY laws though.

Find a buddy in PA(or anywhere really) to buy one and keep your mags. Then he can ship it to your FFL to do the required legal transfer work to you.

That would be legal and would follow correct federal laws and procedures. Not sure about NY laws though.

Thanks, That would work if I knew someone,

Is that what you run? If so, Do you have any reliability issues with the lighter springs?

Every trigger pull makes the bullets go bang. I was having issues with extraction but that was because I hadn't changed the extractor spring in over 5K rounds. The apex kit made it way better than the pro trigger I had. The reset is very short and well defined. The break is very clean. The closest you can get to a 1911 trigger in a non 1911 gun. IMHO

Ok, Thanks for your input.

Every trigger pull makes the bullets go bang. I was having issues with extraction but that was because I hadn't changed the extractor spring in over 5K rounds. The apex kit made it way better than the pro trigger I had. The reset is very short and well defined. The break is very clean. The closest you can get to a 1911 trigger in a non 1911 gun. IMHO

Ok, thanks for your input.

Consider yourself lucky. In MA an FFL can't transfer a Pro or a 9L because it's not on the list :angry2:

I think that would come pretty close to fitting the definition of a straw gun purchase. NOT legal.

JMHO

I have a Pro, but put the Apex sear in it, along with modifying the firing pin stop plunger to the same shape as the Apex plunger. I have an Apex plunger, but didn't feel like swapping because it requires taking the rear sight off....I'll get to it eventually. The trigger is better than the stock Pro trigger, and I still have the factory springs in it. I have the Apex springs, but haven't gotten around to swapping them just yet. R,

I live in western newyork and two of my shooting buddies have pros they purchased from the buffalo gun center and I have personally seen them there. I'm not sure if they just swap the high caps out or what they do.

Hi all, I have been looking at the M&P pro series 9mm however, I live in NY and the Pro 9 is only offered in 17+1 capacity which makes it illegal in NY.

Sorry to hear that. Whenever I get homesick (born and raised in Troy, NY) I just remember how hard New York makes it on us gun-owners and I'm over it real quick.

Hi all, I have been looking at the M&P pro series 9mm however, I live in NY and the Pro 9 is only offered in 17+1 capacity which makes it illegal in NY.

Sorry to hear that. Whenever I get homesick (born and raised in Troy, NY) I just remember how hard New York makes it on us gun-owners and I'm over it real quick.

Thanks for all your input guys. After shooting a loaned Glock 34 on monday's weekly IDPA match. I just ordered an O.D. green G34 today.