Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the most economical

waynes_world_45

What are the details of your build?

G17

Lone Wolf threaded barrel

Jager 4-port comp.

Docter 7 MOA Dot Optic

Springer Precision dovetail optic mount.

13# captured steel guide rod.

My ~2.5 lb trigger using some Vanek parts.

Dawson Ice Magwell

Taylor Freelance +10 mag extensions (28 rnds reloadable)

8.1 grns HS-6 under a MG 124 JHP Federal SPP. Mixed brass. 1.1.55-1.158 OAL

CR Speed rig.

All the D.V.C. I'll ever need from a pistol.

The rest is up to me.

cheers.gif

Jim

I want to dabble in Open Class, partly due to my aging eyes, but the finances right now just wont allow a several thousand dollar gun. I even had one that I had to let go, and the few times I shot it, I really enjoyed it.

I have no ideas of making Master or anything. I'm a "B" shooter in production and probably only shoot about 5k rounds a year right now due to time and money.

Is a used open Glock the way to go?, or an STI in some outdated caliber (9X21) that someone has upgraded from? Since my round count is fairly low, the price of exotic brass wont kill me.

Can I get in for under $1000?

I reload on a 650.

what are you guys thoughts?

Look for a used pistol. I got this Caspian in 38 super comp from a fellow shooter for 1k and it works well for me at this point in my skill level.

Pat

Caspian.jpg

I have a friend who is selling a nicer caspian set up with mags and a belt for 1500. I have found that the big boys hand me downs are great starter guns.

Pat

Same as Pat, I bought a old used Caspian off the Classifieds here on BE. Great deal, .38 super, fairly new C-More, 7 mags including 2 high caps and another high cap body, runs like a champ. Has needed a little TLC, but for $1200 I don't mind. I was going to buy an STI open gun a few weeks ago, but I like the balance of this gun better and I already own it. In the last 10 months of shooting this gun I've gone from a middle C shooter (with an Open Glock) to close to A class (72.54%). Only problem with Caspian Open guns seems to be resale value, which is good for the buyer of a used one.

Doug

post-8887-066451400 1295216605_thumb.jpg