Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I wholeheartedly agree with the comments about Jerry. But he has not branched out into the realms of sniper rifles and sporting clays as successfully as Mike.

I was thinking on this topic and have to include Bennie Cooley on my list. At the 2002 3 Gun nats, we were neck and neck for most of the match. So what did he do? He was extremely supportive, positive, and helpful. A true sportsman. Of course, the B^$*!(*D had to go and win the match.

have to include Bennie Cooley on my list

I think Bennie is TGO for iron sighted rifles.

If Leatham is Mr. SingleStack, Bennie is Mr. Carbine!

I've never met him but he tends to dominate any 3 Gun match he competes in, along with the aformentioned El Prez.

Bennie is Mr. Carbine! I've never met him but he tends to dominate any 3 Gun match he competes in, along with the aformentioned El Prez.

OUCH - that's gotta hurt Kelly!!!!

I have to agree that under most respected top shooter Mike Voigt is the MAN! Not only can he throw rounds downrange with pretty much anything you hand him - he does that WHILE BEING THE PRESIDENT!

Watch Mike at a match someday - he networks, answer questions, helps out other shooters, jokes around with the Super Squadders - all the way until he's freakin in the shooting box! (AND i've even seen a shooter try to talk to him there!)

The ability to do ALL THAT really earns my respect!

OUCH - that's gotta hurt Kelly!!!!

Kelly will ALWAYS be Mr. "Sub-Caliber Gamer FAL" and NOBODY can take that away. :D

BC is on the short list with Jerry M, Mike Voigt, Taran Butler and Jim Clark Jr, all of whom have enough national level 3G HOA finishes to fill a pretty decent trophy case.

If one of them shows up, everybody else starts looking a little further down the prize table...

I'd probably say TGO - not so much because of history - but because he is committed to his own success and the success of others.

You ahve examples of this with Doug Koenig - whom he mentored and got where he is today. TGO has often times said that Doug would have gotten there anyhow but TGO dedicated the time and effort to insure it.

He was extremely committed to making Kippi Successful. Turns out he loved her, but I was there in the beginning and from day 1 he wanted to make her into a champion.

Then I have my own development. TGO worked hard with me to get me to be a top shooter. The ironic thing about me was that I didn't have the raw talent or mind set to get there. He still gave it a go and helped me achieve whatever success I saw.

His record clearly shows he is an exceptional shooter. I think it is his committment to passing on his knowledge to others that will leave an impact on us for the years to come.

JB

Not to mention, he's probably the best ambassador, and certainly the highest profile individual, the sport has ever had. Even gun people who've never fired any sort of action pistol match - and never will - know who Rob Leatham is, and respect him.