Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HK USP Tactical legal in USPSA?

mjc1677

I was wanting to start participating in some local USPSA/IPSC shoots and have a USP Tactical 45. I would like to use this pistol however I read on HK's website that the USP Tactical is 4mm too "tall" to fit in the USPSA "box". Has anyone had any experiecnce using this pistol in IPSC? Someone had told me that USPSA got away from using the "box" for measuring pistols.

Thanks

Mike

You can shoot the Tactical in Limited and Limited 10 for sure, because I sure did when I started. There is no box requirement in USPSA, but there is in IPSC. So, you're cool in that regards, if you're here in the US.

Remember when the new rules take effect, very soon I hope, Production will operate off the approved gun list. The box will only be one factor in the decision to place a gun on the list. If your gun is on the list you are good to go shooting, if not, well there are other Divisions.

• 2 weeks later...

Humm hk lets see, a double in 45 will definately leave you with a sore hand and a 25' blast radius. I was running a shooter last night and her husband was too busy to load for her. I wish I would have taken some pics of what was left of it.

my .02 worth