Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sportsmans Team Challenge 2011

JecClark

Sportsmans Team Challenge nationals for 2011 will be June 10-11 and Championship Sunday will be the 12 along with 8th-9th practice days will be in effect. This years match location for all those who have not heard is the NSS complex in San Antonio, Texas and regionals will be held in Louisiana (May), Missouri (April) Dallas (March), NRA Whittington Center (May & August) Odessa (April) Arizona (TBA), and Rock Castle complex in Kentucky (April). For all those new and dont know this match is 3 stages of airial shotgun, 1 stage of .22 caliber rifle, one stage with 2 competitors shooting .22 caliber handguns one shooting .22 rifle, and one stage one .22 pistol and 2 other centerfire pistol shooters. To shoot this match you may enter with a team containing 2 or 3 persons, and will shoot in your own "class" for prizes based on skill and experience. This match generally draws an exceptional prize table and is never short of friendly people who are the friendliest in the game yet contain some of the top competitors in the world! HOPE THIS INFORMATION IS HELPFUL! Here is a link to the STC website and please ask if you have questions pertaining to the match.

JEC http://sportsmansteamchallenge.com/

Thanks Jec , we have been waiting and hoping the date would hit at the same time.

Any one near San Antonio that want some help send me a note = our club has most of the targets set -up but the range owner can be a bit.... difficult at times.

The range owner will have to be notifyed if you want to use my targets, = he can be overprotective at times.

• 1 month later...

You beat me to it Jec! :D

Here are some updates...

1) The 2011 Entry Form is linked from the President's Message on the home/front page, and in the right column on the Nationals page. Here's a direct link to 2011 Entry Form for the Nationals.

2) They've posted Hotel Information on both the Home and Nationals pages.

3) I absolutely encourage everyone to go to as many of the Regional Competitions as you can possibly manage... Besides being a blast; besides meeting a bunch of really nice folks; besides getting to shoot; the Regionals provide the best opportunity to work out Team assignments, et al. and equally important.... TEST YOUR GEAR to make sure everything runs and works the way you intend it to function. ;) You don't HAVE to shoot a Regional to shoot at the Nationals, but they surely do help you prepare. As Jec pointed out above, you can shoot a Regional in the following places: Dallas, TX; Branson, MO; Park City, KY; Stanton, TX; Princeton, LA; and Raton, NM (both Spring AND Fall) Check the Regional's link above for exact dates and contact information.

Also... in addition to the 3-man Team Competition, you can also sign up in the 2-Man Team Competition. 2-Man has been experiencing a resurgence of interest over the last couple of years.

AND, don't forget about the JUNIOR program... There are Junior, Sub-Junior A, and Sub-Junior B. If you have a Junior shooter, STCA has a place for them to shoot!

AND, if that ain't enough for you yet... Check out the STCA Junior Scholarship!

New Shooters? Afraid you don't have all the necessary equipment? STCA has a "loaner equipment program"! Shoot one of the STCA Officers an email to inquire: CONTACTS

So you are thinking, great! But, I've NEVER HEARD of Sportsman's Team Challenge? Go HERE to check out descriptions of the six events.

HOT NEWS!!! SPORTSMAN LADY Division is a Wide Open Free-For-All in 2011!!!

*** Due to a recent rule change, it looks like at least two of the Sportsman Lady teams will be moving on to "greener pastures" in one of the other Sportsman classes... So spread the word! (Psssssstt... Guys... Pull on your "big-boy" pants and man-up! SPORTSMAN A Class just got a WHOLE LOT tougher! You better be practicing!! I can't wait!!!)

Sportsman Team Challenge is a family shooting sport... EVERYONE can shoot... So, gather 'em all up and come down to San Antonio this year! Shoot for fun! Shoot for money and prizes! Shoot for BOTH!

Got questions? Post here... If we can't answer the questions, we know the folks who'll have the answers! :D

• 1 month later...

Just a cautionary tale about San Antonio, it has to be the worst place for getting your firearms stolen, be very careful.

To qualify that = I think was prov-en that the bad-guys during the Nat Skeet and Sporting clay events would put a sticker of some type on the bumper of shooter's cars at the events. later as all the bad guys had to do was follow or find the cars at area hotel and restaurants to pop trunks / break windows.

yes several friends have been hit .

I live here in SA let me know if I can be of any help

JF

Yep... crime is bad everywhere, but don't let that keep y'all away. Simply take your weapons into the hotel with you every night like we do. They aren't doing you any good in the car anyway! :lol:

This year is shaping up to be a good year folks... I know we have at least three new teams forming here in North Louisiana and headed to Nationals.

Can't wait...

I'd be interested in trying out the Shreveport Regional match in May, have never done STC, but would need to get a team mate or two, and probably borrow some of the right equipment. Anyone else in north LA thinking aout it?

I went to my first regional match this past April in Branson, MO. I'm hooked.

I had to borrow a lot of gear, but since then I've been buying parts and getting my own stuff together.

Just make sure you plug your shotty!

See you in June!

sfinney - I'll put the word out that you are looking to put a team together.... As far as guns... You only need what you are going to shoot. I can assure you that if you don't have everything, that we can find gear for you to borrow. Gimme a call if you want and/or have questions. You should come no matter what... Have you ever been out to the Shootout? or to Clark Custom Guns? That's where the LA Regional is going to be held...

They're bringing in the "official" travel set of steel targets and all the traps from Texas.... I helped them put it on 2 years ago when we had it split between the Shootout and the Air Force Base... Should be a lot more convenient with all 6 events at one place.

I've got a Limited gun and a Production gun, and old mark 1 Ruger .22. and a 12 gauge auto. But I don't have "STC" specific type gear.

Shot many matches at the Shootout, over the years, yes familiar. If nothing else I will come watch.

I've got a Limited gun and a Production gun, and old mark 1 Ruger .22. and a 12 gauge auto. But I don't have "STC" specific type gear.

Shot many matches at the Shootout, over the years, yes familiar. If nothing else I will come watch.

If your having trouble with finding a teammate i think i know a few i may can hook you up with, just e-mail me your name, age, class you would like to shoot in (see website for class info), if you want to shoot a 2 person or 3 person team or both, and of course contact info and ill see what i can do i know a few people who are looking for teammates. Also their is now a loaner gun program so equipment should not be a problem. You say you have a .22 handgun and a shotgun, so all you need is a .22 rifle with 3 mags for the rifle and would recommend at least 6 for you .22 handgun.

my e-mail is jec_clark @hotmail.com or you can post your info on here if your comfortable with that either way. Let us know if we can assist you any further!

Edited by JecClark

I went to my first regional match this past April in Branson, MO. I'm hooked.

I had to borrow a lot of gear, but since then I've been buying parts and getting my own stuff together.

Just make sure you plug your shotty!

See you in June!

I bet you enjoyed the steak the people who put that regional serve to ay? haha! glad to hear your on board for Nationals in June!

Finally able to get some details on the NW Louisiana Regional. 1200 point match. Everything @ The Shootout Range / Princeton, LA (Home of Clark Custom Guns, Inc.) this year.

1 pm Friday Practice

Match Saturday

Finish up match Sun. & Practice if time available.

Details will be posted here by 11:30 pm CST tonight.

Edited by reneet

We may need a third person on our team...won't know until we get a little closer.

But you'll have to shoot with two Sierra Bullet's employees, which might be the deal breaker. Carroll Pilant and myself...and since it's my first time I think we're only in the A class.

Darren

We may need a third person on our team...won't know until we get a little closer.

But you'll have to shoot with two Sierra Bullet's employees, which might be the deal breaker. Carroll Pilant and myself...and since it's my first time I think we're only in the A class.

Darren

I have a guy that is looking for a team that would fit just fine for you. good fit for A class, he is accomplished handgun shooter and learns very quick with the shotgun. he will be out the next month practicing with his new 1022 setup.

Please PM me his info and I'll talk with Carroll. We're waiting on the guy he shot with last year to see if he is going or not. This will force him to either sh!t or get off the pot.

I need plenty of 1022 practice, it was my weakest portion. You'd think the guy from Sierra would know how to shoot one. Or even own one! :)

Darren

• 2 weeks later...

So who ended up being y'alls third person? Carroll's team mate from last year, or someone else?

Please PM me his info and I'll talk with Carroll. We're waiting on the guy he shot with last year to see if he is going or not. This will force him to either sh!t or get off the pot.

I need plenty of 1022 practice, it was my weakest portion. You'd think the guy from Sierra would know how to shoot one. Or even own one! :)

Darren

So who ended up being y'alls third person? Carroll's team mate from last year, or someone else?

Darren

I would like to know too Thomas came out to train for the slot and did very good with his new gear. Thomas is good enough that if he can not get on a team I will shoot a 2 man with him.

JF

ALERT!!! May 20, 2011: Championship Hotel Group rates expiring VERY SOON!!!

If you haven't made your reservations, then you need to call right away! We will lose many of the remaining rooms on THIS Monday morning (May 23rd), and Group Code: CAU is set to expire on 31 May!!

Please spread the word to everyone you know who might be going to the Championships...

It will be the same guy from last year teamed up with Carroll and I. Up until last weekend he was not going to shoot. Looks like that has changed.

Sorry for not keeping you up to date.

Darren

It will be the same guy from last year teamed up with Carroll and I. Up until last weekend he was not going to shoot. Looks like that has changed.

Darren

Ok our guy here will continue to train and get ready for a team that needs him. He would be a first timer but still A class material. he does not know that yet but he is doing real good.

Jake P. is going to shoot with us again to make our third.

Edited by AlamoShooter

Darren

Ok our guy here will continue to train and get ready for a team that needs him. He would be a first timer but still A class material. he does not know that yet but he is doing real good.

El Presidente Jason Massey and Mike Massey need a 3rd man. both of Mikes sons are unavailable this year so give one of them a call.

They should shoot with Momma Massey again (Christie).... She shot really, really well!

Darren

El Presidente Jason Massey and Mike Massey need a 3rd man. both of Mikes sons are unavailable this year so give one of them a call.