Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P90X?

Pro2AInPA

P90X was good to me for 2.5 years. Its like an old girlfriend...... I would hit it & push play every day. I was seeing improvements for the first year and a half or so but then I realized something better was out there.... something that suited my lifestyle a bit more. Enter Kettlebells.... I loved the simplicity & "rawness" of the bells & moves in general. Soon after I found Crossfit which is EVEN BETTER suited to my lifestyle & the sport of action pistol (IMHO).

I completed 7 full rounds of P90X & 3 full rounds of INSANITY.... I lost 55lbs & 20%BF in the first 180 days on P90X. I have found that being fit, is more about proper nutrition than anything else.... at least it is for me.

Nowadyas I like to mix things up a bit w P90X ,INSANITY, KB's & Crossfit. The key for me is including these into my dry fire routine. Like .....10 pull ups 20 push ups & 40 air squats before every drill I do for the day..... Its what works for me

Hope this helps someone out there ...

FM

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still using P90X on and off. It depends on the moods. I will for instance keep the same stuff for the odd numbered days and on even numbered days go to the gym and do some cardio.

The thing is to work out every day, even if only half of the program, except if there is something more interesting to do, such as shooting or other bedroom activities with a very close friend.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought p90x on Craig's list for $75 I think. It was still wrapped in plastic. People get these all of the time and do not use them. Much like other exercise equipment. The program is great for core strength improvement. It makes you "snappier" on movement.

Good buy, Eyefly, and yes, on the unused gym equipment. Never buy new. Craig's List has tons of barely used gym and weight equipement / coat hangers / dust gatherers and you can shamelessly lowball.

I now have a hybrid program including some of the videos. I don't like the core synergistic program, not the best if you have back issues.

I don't mind yoga but 90 minutes...? Urgh.

I still do all the muscle building programs as well as Kenpo X one or twice a month. Kenpo X is probably the most fun video.

It's all about variety, aka the spice of life. After 2 full programs of P90X you get tired of the stupid jokes.

I am probably going to do the Insanity program, good belly buster (I am one of these formerly obese guys who can't get rid of all the belly fat).

It's all about variety, aka the spice of life. After 2 full programs of P90X you get tired of the stupid jokes.

I am probably going to do the Insanity program, good belly buster (I am one of these formerly obese guys who can't get rid of all the belly fat).

"Diamonds of Gold"... :) I got tired of the comments also.

I did Insanity-Asylum before Insanity. That was fun. I did most of Insanity before I tore a calf muscle. It's a great program and I love it but it is VERY hard on the calfs. Just be forewarned.

Edited by Paul Santiago

• 5 months later...

Wifey and I started another round of P90X today. It's been about 1.5-2 years since we've done it. It's a nice (although intense) change to the classic weights/cardio we've been doing. Now let's see if I can get rid of this extra 10 pounds I picked up this year.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...