Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Baseball caps without the little buttons on top

gohuskers

I know it is, thats why I can't beweeve I can't find one. I did a search images and Google to not find anything for pictures. I swear I have seen it.

Maybe it might be a a good idea to mention to Rudy Project?? being they a leader in glasses and all.

That's actually an excellent idea. Although, like Duane mentioned, Larue Tactical hats don't come down far enough to interfere with glasses - and that's just a matter of having less room up top to pull the hat down. But it would be interesting to see a hat with glass notches of some sort. Might be kind of cool.

The hats with the notches exist. You may have seen some students at a shooting school, or pictures of them. I called a friend that owns a very big school, he said yes they exist and good luck finding one. Evidently they are custom made for certain "groups" and are not publicly available at this time. I imagine like everything else we'll see them soon.

LaRue hats did not always come without a button. I had always removed them with a pair of pliers. I used to tell the order takers they should make them that way, I am sure others told them as well, and they must have listened. One day they started arriving that way. Life is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine sitting in a glider with a plexiglass canopy 3 inches over your head, flying at the end of a 60 foot rope, concentrating on staying behind the tow plane. Being a helpful tow pilot, he tries to take you through as many thermals as possible, hoping you find a nice strong one to let off into.

Now, imagine that one of those sudden thermals is just a bit stronger than expected. Bam! Ouch! Stars! Blood! Cracked canopy... I'll never wear a hat with button flying again.

Title says it all. Larue Tactical is the only manufacturer I know that doesn't use these things; otherwise it's wire cutters to clip them off so my ear muffs don't feel like they're driving a nail into the top of my head. :angry2:

Ya know...that never bothered me until I read this...now it's driving me crazy and I'll have to buy one.

(or cut all my hat buttons off)

Edited by Jeff Matzka

Chris-

That's one of the best websites out there for shooters. In fact this is what got me to thinking about the subject when I was trying to find a way to get rid of these things.

Edited by gohuskers

I have a permanent indentation in the headliner of my Blazer from one of those. For those of you wondering, it was a combination of my brother sleeping (he was wearing the hat) in the passenger seat and me driving a little too fast over some railroad tracks about 8 years ago. He is still pissed. :roflol: