Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTrout40 is Matt Trout...

Matt is a kick-azz GM form the Pittsburgh area (East Huntington is his home club).

We get to shoot together every now and then. And, we were squaded together at last years FGN. Matt got bumped out of L10 because of that silly 11 round in the mag rule. Barring that, I think he might have walked away with a couple of stage wins.

But, like he said...he likes to have fun. And, it was pretty fun watching him load up his mags to full capacity after getting bumped to Open...then seeing if the RO's would catch on. There were some "puzzled" looks on some of their faces for the rest of the match.

Flex,

I think you screwed the pooch on the picture. Sure don't look like Matt and I've know him since he started shooting.

Chris,

I'd have to guess that you haven't seen him "not moving" for that long. He is usually a blur. ;)

Can someone explain to a newbie how this process works?

I was given a slot application and sent it in a week or so back. I've not heard anything since. I assume there's some confirmation and the squading process is clear from that point :blink:

I don't think I know enough people to care too much about squading but I have this feeling of fumbling around in the dark that is unsettling :ph34r:

Thanks,

Kevin

The squadding process is never clear Kevin! You'll find out when you get there who your squadmates are :)

You will receive a confirmation though - but probably not anytime soon.

You are not in the dark - you know now WAY more than most people just from participating in this thread!

Right now, the USPSA staff is pretty busy working on finalizing the 3 Gun Nationals. Confirmation letters for the Pistol Nationals have been going out, I think, but if not, they'll be coming forthwith. If they've accepted your payment, you're in. If you do have questions, though, feel free to call them up. OR PM me, and if I know the answer, I'll help.

Here are a couple of announcements from the USPSA members page concerning this year's Pistol Nationals:

Juniors at Handgun Nationals Junior competitors and one parent or guardian may elect to shoot the match in two days, either Monday/Tuesday or Thursday/Friday. This option is limited to the first 20 to select it.

Golf Carts at Handgun Nationals Competitors will be allowed use golf carts to get around the PASA range during the 2004 USPSA Handgun Nationals. Carts may be rented from TNT Golf Carts (call 217-228-2226 for reservations) and they will deliver them to the range. Only licensed drivers may operate the carts and no 4 wheelers will be allowed.

Troy

Golf Carts at Handgun Nationals Competitors will be allowed use golf carts to get around the PASA range during the 2004 USPSA Handgun Nationals. Carts may be rented from TNT Golf Carts (call 217-228-2226 for reservations) and they will deliver them to the range. Only licensed drivers may operate the carts and no 4 wheelers will be allowed. [/b]

Troy

Troy,

thanks for the confirmation. I reserved a cart and a room, as soon as I knew the dates for the Nats....

Guys, here's what I know as of right now, relative to the schedule:

Registration will be on Sunday, September 12. We will also be shooting the staff match then, and competitors are welcome to watch that as well as look at the other stages. We'll also have a function fire and sight-in range available.

The match will be shot Monday-Friday. I don't have a squad schedule or format at this time. As soon as I know it, I'll post it here, and it will be on the USPSA web page as well. I think we'll try to have some other activities at the range for your down-time. I don't know what everything will be, though.

Shootoffs, Prizes, Awards on Saturday. Like I said, Saturday may be a makeup day if we have weather problems that slow us down.

We will probably have a real shooter's briefing in Quincy at the Convention center on Sunday night. That is subject to change, but I'm planning on it.

HTH, if you have any specific questions, I'll try to find the answers for you.

Troy

I will be there shooting Open this year, not sure what class, probablly B class. Whats happenin Limited 40, just wanted to know if the squad momma and all around better half of yours will accompany you this year? Damn, I switched to open just so I wouldnt have to deal with you this year! Haha,, see ya there. By the way , will be staying at the same place this year