Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gone Fishin'

Singlestack

Isn't it still too cold? I was in Atlanta 3 weeks ago, I thought snow was predicted..

I still envy you.

Normally, we'd have about 10 days until we can start fishing in the lower rivers... but with the latest rains, the Sacramento has been flowing at close to 50,000 cfs... for a river that narrow, that's flying... last March we were wading it was at 3,200.

Singlestack,

Your are a lucky dog! Around here we fish in the winter, but rod eyes tend get to iced up real fast and a dropper nymph on a nymph with two micro shot doesn't cast very well. I envy you, but I think I will wait until August and hoppers abound!

Two good mates go fishing this weekend (without ME!)

It is the weekend before a NRA AP selection match so I am unable to get a leave pass for both wekends :angry:

They ring ME while I am at work, and brag about catching a pair of 20lb plus snapper. One each. :(

The bastards, did they forget I work at a gunshop or something.

I will get even, I will get even sooon! :ph34r:

Trip Report!

We got a late start due to a passing front taking a little longer than expected to blow through. We put on the river at about 1230. After a short ride upstream we finally got started fishing about 1330. The weather turned out nice. 67 degrees and blue skies. The wind was more than a handful though. On my 3rd cast with my trusty gold Count Down #5 Rapala, I caught my first trout of the year. A 17.5" Brown! Yeah Baby! Life is good! We finished up with 8 at 1600 (the wind was killing me) and I had another 15.5" Brown in the box.

Great day! :)

We had fresh Trout fried up "Southern Style" with Hush Puppies, Tater Tots, and Collard greens for dinner. Hard to beat that.

I'm kinda surprised you don't have a Shannihan paint job and a C-More mounted on that rod...for good looks AND accurate casting you know.

Ummmmmm....

Too bad you can't see the sides of my canoe in the pic. :lol:

If you look by my left elbow you can see the handle of my "electric paddle". One must look good and make it look easy, ya know...

Women want me, Fish fear me. :P

PD,

What snapper? They want the bloody things mounted.

So I suggested a real good place to mount them :P

Seriously, they did really well, all told they got 9 fish 10lb plus and then the two monsters. Plus a fair whack of other "brands" that got eaten for dinner that night and the next.

So I have put my order in for a couple of good size fillets, or I take them for a shoot. :ph34r: