Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

car alarm

ErikW

Maybe this belongs elsewhere, but I need a solution for some a_-hole's van with an alarm that goes off 6-8 times per night. (Not including day activations!)

Anything up to and including crowbaring the hood open and cutting the battery cables.

I would think this would fall under the same rules as home alarms? 3rd time, false alarm the Sherrifs office charges them to come out?

Or, the same noise statutes that apply to dogs?

You don't need to call, but if these apply, a reminder note under the windshield wiper might help...

I don't have a suppressed .50 BMG in my safe. Well, not this safe. If the owner ever came out to turn off the @#$%! alarm I could tell him the problem. He must be the only one in the neighborhood who is sleeping.

Who makes that alarm that cycles among 5 different alarm sounds? Viper?

Actually just get yourself a nice tazer gun. Hmmmmmmm metal frame. Hooked up electronics.

In the emortal words of Dr. Seus in " Mr. Brown can do it How about YOU.

splzat splzat splzat.

Have a wonderful Electrifying day.

Paul

My gunsmith recommended a stun gun. I thought it would just go to ground? (If used, e.g., on the hood.) Any near-first-hand experience? I'm poor but it might be worth it if they are cheap. I would certainly get some use out of it.

My gunsmith recommended a stun gun. I thought it would just go to ground? (If used, e.g., on the hood.) Any near-first-hand experience? I'm poor but it might be worth it if they are cheap. I would certainly get some use out of it.

That won't work at all - unless you zap the electronics package. The skin of a car forms a Faraday cage and the electricity will go right around it. Get under it with a flashight (and earplugs) and see if you can find the speaker. Then it's just a matter of hacking the hell out of it.

I have a standing threat to worthless SOB's and their car alarms: If it's going off and there's no reason for it to go off, expect me to *give* it a reason.

Car alarms should be banned. Worthless, obnoxious crap.

You don't need to call, but if these apply, a reminder note through the windshield might help...

I think this is what you meant to say ;)

We had the same problem at AWARE one year, some BOZO left his alarm on and it kept going off all night...someone fixed it at about 5:00am with a pair of wire cutters...to a standing ovation from the rest of the tenants of the hotel.

a reminder note through the windshield

I know it sounds corny, but the worst case if you do tamper, you get caught on some web cam, and you get arrested..

if the note (threat) doesn't work... get them cited or towed...

Meanwhile, think 'crowbar'... :P [/color]

Hmmmm I amthinkin that Sig has a tendancey (sp) twards crowbars LOL.

Maybe another new name. LOL.

Dances with Crowbars

Happy Shooting

or

Happy Crowbaring

Which ever suits your fancy

Paul Franklin

Hi guys,

How about an anonymous note on his windshield to say:

"Dear Owner,

Your car alarm is faulty and keeps sounding while everybody in the neighbourhood is trying to sleep. We would therefore be most grateful if you could take corrective action, within the next 24 hours, failing which we would be delighted to effect the same necessary repairs (including restyling of all metal and glass surfaces), that we've previously undertaken for others in the same predicament.

Yours truly,

Bubba's Wreckers

(2003 Winner, Junkyard Wars)"

I had the same problem once a few years ago. I cant say the city I lived in at the time (statue of limitations thing )

it seems that said tenant went on frequent and lengthy biz trips, his vehicle kept going off in the night ...all night,

the solution: one 100watt lamp, one coat hanger, two lengths of wire

gently place the coat hanger with one length of wire on top of the red battery post and the other length of wire to the frame

hook up the light, turn on the light, light up the dark corner of the parking structure, make it safer for all . . .until the light and noise stop

repeat as necessary

the hardest part is when said a**hole came home and not to ROTFL when he complained about his dead battery I suggested perhaps it may be the incorrectly installed alarm

after the third battery he just bought a new car . . .and moved

i have a car alarm i got it because my car is very prone to theft ,but i try to be a good neighbor and set the sensitivity level to low compared to the standard settings from factory.the alarm will still go off if opened but will not sound of just because a kid with a noisy muffler passes by..i do this because i used to be one of those people not getting sleep because of a car that sounds off with a cough or fart... :lol::lol::lol: