Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NRA Life membership deal

Found this deal on NRA life membership on another shooting forum and have started the process myself. Converting from an annual membership to a NRA life membership. Message below is copied from the other forum. Instead of calling I used the internet. www.nramemberservices.org/default.asp

Posted on AR15.com general forum 3/3/04 at 20:46:30 hours

I just got a deal on a life membership in the NRA.

The deal can be had under the Charlton Heston legacy points program. The whole thing can be done over the phone.

Call the life membership number: ( 1-800 672-3888 Option #3)

Remind them about their offer.

I made an $8 dollar donation to the communications fund. (good for so many points)

I extended my mebership for a year. (good for so many points)

I then got an NRA credit card (applied for it right there on the phone and just using it gives you so many points)

All of these points can be used towards a life membership....

I recieved the credit card in about two weeks.

Called the NRA back, charged $240. to the NRA credit card, and voila... a life member for $283!

Did this all over the phone, never had to send in any paperwork.

I learned about this deal from two of my friends who did the same thing. I have no idea how long this offer is good for.

It is a good deal.

You just THOUGHT you got lots of mail from the NRA as a annual member. Check your mailbox in a week. You will get a couple of things a week for the first 90 days and then it will settle down to one a week.

I recieved the credit card in about two weeks.

Called the NRA back, charged $240. to the NRA credit card, and voila... a life member for $283!

Okay, I have to admit that I am somewhat slower that the average guy, or maybe I am just way too skeptical about everything, but here is how I have it in my mind:

$8 donation to the communication fund + $35 annual membership= By spending another $240 (for the life membership) on an NRA credit card, you have enough points to get a life membership at this low price of $283 Total out of pocket?!?? Am I anywhere close to being on the right track (I guess you would call that thinking out loud)? If I am close, I will be calling them ASAP! Thanks for the info.

Rockwell,

That's how I understand it works.

Hey, how many of you that have read this post are upgrading to a life membership or joining NRA for the first time. How about some feed back? Thanks in advance.

Guest Larry Cazes

RHALL....Come Again??

Sounds like a really good deal. Is the NRA charge card a VISA? I don't mind the junkmail as much as I mind the weekly phone call solicitations for hundreds of dollars to go to a specific effort. Unfortunately, the phone solicitors don't have any idea how the money is to be used and I'm not in the habit of giving away hundreds of dollars without knowing where its going. Oh well, they are pretty much the only game in town.

Tripod-

Thanks! Yes I think that I will upgrade (if the offer is still good). $283 dollars instead of the $35 for renewal seems like it would be a good deal for the NRA too!

I dont uderstand why you are trying to get a deal out of donating money to the NRA.

It is not like it would be the last time that I ever plan on donating to one of the only outfits fighting for us to continue playing with these blaster things, I am guilty of spending way too much at the annual NRA banquet, heck of a dinner though!