Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The answer is NO, but I'll ask anyway

williamlayton

William,

I suspect that my buddy Skywalker is more familiar with your gun and he's already considered this matter but, for IPSC, if your gun fits inside the IPSC box, then if can also be used in Standard and Modified Divisions too.

However I guess the 6" barrel might make it a tight or impossible fit.

My answer was a bit short. My bad, managing too many things at the same time.

William,

if you can manage to stuff your gun inside the IPSC box (225mm x 150mm x 45mm, tolerance of +1 mm, -0 mm) with magazine inserted, you're allowed to shoot it in Standard or Modified division, depending on the gun setup (e.g. porting or not).

No Production division ever allowed, since according to divisional rules there is a maximum 5" barrel lenght accepted for this division.

My guess, reinforced by these specs is that a 6" slide and barrel gun of 1911 pattern won't fit the box.

If you think I'm wrong, feel free to post more details of your gun

Did the factory make 500 of that gun in that caliber? If so, it's OK for Limited or Limited 10. If not, it's legal only in Open.

It must be the original caliber. It must have the original length slide and barrel.

Erik,

It may be even a little easier than that...

The rule for USPSA Limited reads:

(Appedix E: US Divisions, Limited)

c) Any complete handgun or components produced by a factory and available to the general public for one year and 500 produced.

I think the "or componets" really opens it up to just about anything that fits on a 1911. I think that is Amidon's opinion anyway.

Well boys I do not even own the gun yet. That being said I am sure thinking about getting it, there are several options out there, svi, custom job, couple of manuf. that are doing these.

I want one because I want a 10mm, I like the looks of a long slide, The long slide will help control that little devil better. The main use will be as a truck gun but since I will try this stuff I was thinking about all the weapons I own plus this one I think I'm gonna get.

Naw, tha thang won't fit in tha box, less tha box is rubber an tha boys doan pay no attention to me pryin the thing in. Well at least there would be one I could shoot in.

Blessings

William,

A gun with a 6" slide has a nice balance, but I don't think they're very popular in USPSA Limited or L10 Divisions - I think most people prefer a 5" (?) model - but buy whatever makes you happy, 'coz that's what really counts at the end of the day if you're mainly shooting for fun.

It just seems odd to me that when it comes to USPSA Production Division, I believe most Glock shooters prefer the longer G34 over the G17, and I don't understand why a longer gun is better in one division than another. Perhaps my homies in the US can throw some light on the subject?

Yo homies, wassup, dawg?? B)