Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH USA 3 Gun Championship Nov 10-12, 2011

MATCH ANNOUNCEMENT:

I am pleased to announce the FNH USA 3 Gun Championship scheduled for 10 - 12 November 2011 in Glengary, West Virginia, which is outside of Inwood, WV along the I-81 corridor. 9 challenging courses of fire over natural terrain and shooting bays will test each competitor. Preliminary round count is 120 rifle, 120 pistol, 100 birdshot and 20 slugs. You will shoot all handgun, rifle and shotgun on each stage. You will shoot all three days with half day format, shooting 3 stages in either the morning or afternoon. FNH will also be providing some unusual toys to shoot on several of the stages. The match fee is $250 and the prize table is anticipated to be well over $100K.

Match Director - Larry Houck

Range Master - Howard Thompson

Stats - Linda Chico

Match hotel is a short 15 minute drive from the range with places to eat and 30 minutes from the range is a wider selection of hotels and major chain restaurants. Food will be available daily on the range as well. You have two major airports which are a short 1.5 hour drive to the range. If you are driving the range is literally 15 minutes from the Inwood, WV exit off I-81.

There will be side events to participate in as well with proceeds benefiting veterans organizations.

If you are a Civil War buff this area is loaded with history from the war between the states all well within an hour drive of the range.

Match web site will go up shortly and match applications will be available shortly. I anticipate this match filling fast, so when the app is posted please do not delay in getting registered.

If you have any questions please feel free to send me a message.

Larry Houck

Match Director

Edited by sbmd

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes the match is Thursday, Friday and Saturday with the 3 gun Nation Championship on Sunday.

To answer a few questions.....

1. Natural Terrain yes on three stages and the forth will be a combination of a bay and natural terrain.

2. Jesse, I can't answer any questions about the 3 Gun Nation event. I have submitted something really cool to the powers to be for the 4 stage event, will have to wait until after SHOT to answer more questions.

3. Last year they were hunting on the property in November with just a t-shirt on, this year it wasn't bad. We will have heaters for those who are soft (Jesse, oops!)

4. From Central Texas is it a short plan flight into Baltimore on Southwest and bags fly free!

5. Oh yea almost forgot, we will be shooting out of a civil war era house! It's not a cave but the critters look similar!

6. FN is providing some cool toys to play with, such as a full auto P90, FN 303 Less Lethal Launcher and a suppressed 10" SCAR. I am sure there will be more things as well.

7. Match awards will be Saturday evening.

Larry

Shooting Friday and Saturday will be tough....bring the family and make it a vacation as you will only shoot half day.

High cap magazine are OK in Maryland just not over 20 rounds for residents however there is the exception for competitions.

Dulles is an optional airport as I forgot Southwest goes in there but......the trip Baltimore would be easier as it is I 70 west to Frederick verses the toll road, to 7 which I think would take much longer even if the distance is shorter. BWI 1.75 hours, Dulles 1.25 hours according to map quest from the range, hope this helps in the decision process.

Working on match applications as we speak.

Larry

MD - FNH USA 3 gun

Edited by sbmd

Just got off the phone with the match hotel. Rooms will be limited at the hotel due to the hotel size, so the manager is contacting the other two Hampton Inns that are in the adjacent towns to get us a great rate. I will post that information when it comes available.

Larry

Ok just completed the stages for the match. Tentative round count is as follows if you do not miss :devil: : Rifle 112, Shotgun 84 or 104 and handgun 117 or 153. 10 rounds from a full auto suppressed SCAR 16 SBR, 7 rounds from a FN 303 and 20 rounds from a P90.

Match application and stages should be posted by the end of January or sooner. Of the 9 stages, 3 are over natural terrain, 1 is a combination bay and natural terrain and 5 are on bays.

Expect targets from 3 yards to 450 yards. We will have bonus targets for you and the dreaded penalty targets but not many!

Hotel information is coming together quickly and will be posted by the end of January as well. Please keep in mind those of us with FN need to get SHOT out of the way.

Larry