Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Scoring Software

bp78

I run a local IDPA match. We shoot every Tuesday Night, 4 stages, with usually 20 to 35 shooters. We're currently using a spreadsheet based approach to score but it's tedious for data entry. (We score on paper, then calculate & post scores via the spread sheet) (Attached).

Anyone have an easier / quicker means of entering scores? I've heard someone has a PHP IDPA scoring solution around here...

/ forum only accepts zip files, not ods or xls spreadsheets.

Thanks,

Barry

pistol tuesday score template.zip

Edited by bp78

If your running that many scores, I would look into Beach Bunny. It's a little expensive and time consuming to set up initially, but it is well worth it.

It took me 30 min to do scores for 31 shooters after my last match, which was actually two matches - 3 stages of IDPA and 2 of DMG.

We have a lot of volunteer geeks in our area, myself included. The Beach Bunny software being Windows-only makes it a non-option since a couple guys run Macs.

I was hoping for a simplified PHP app or something flexible of that nature if anyone knows of such a solution.

We have a lot of volunteer geeks in our area, myself included. The Beach Bunny software being Windows-only makes it a non-option since a couple guys run Macs.

I was hoping for a simplified PHP app or something flexible of that nature if anyone knows of such a solution.

I would contact JANE at beach Bunny and ask her. She is a very helpful person.

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

Something in the PHP world is coming your direction soon. I've been developing a script that will do just that under a LAMP environment :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I created a LAMP app 5-6 years ago for subgun competitors. It took a bit of work but it's pretty sexy if I do say so myself. There wasn't much of a need for it besides our local matches which still uses it today. You can check out some results from it at at http://miniuzi.com/smgbuddy/index.php?event=62 . The future of scoring for us full auto folks will be via IPads and cell phone entry via web apps at the stage level so no more huge tallying up via some poor SOB (me at the moment) to get it all online.

If you all could give me the ins and outs of IDPA scoring I could modify it to fit your discipline. Currently we score as ... Raw time + penalties - bonus. Drop me an email at smg@miniuzi.com if interested.

-Todd

• 1 month later...

Please visit Shoot'n Score It.

http://shootnscoreit.com

This is a free match arrangement/scoring/result/squad.... service that supports IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, PPC, Steel Challenge...

Allows you to create a match, simply send out a link to match and have all shooters self-register and self-squad etc.

Also genererates .pdf scoresheets with name/div/details...

mvh / Jens

Edited by jenlu

First, BeachBunny SW works great !

SSI takes a different approach being completely web-based service;

You can use it from PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android......

You do not need to host it yourself - it is always available under http://shootnscoreit.com

When organizing a match using SSI you can access the match from anywhere using anything with

a web browser in it. Great if you need to be on top of thing from home/work/.....

SSI allows you to create the match and all stages and then have shooters self-register, self-squad and more.

SSI helps you to keep track of payments and offer merchandize such as match ammo, t-shirts, lunch tickets and

have shooter 'buy' them from the web and you can then keep track of payments for this.

For the actual match you can print pdf files with scoresheets (shooter name, number, squad... filled in), match

results or verification lists. As organizer you can also really easy send out emails to competitors with

information or results. All results are kept in SSI and available so you do not need to upload or keep this

information on you club web or other...

/ Jens

Hi Jens,

As the original starter of this thread, this is along the lines of what we were looking for. The website is a little sparse on information, based on the donation request I assume sign-up is free. Any demo/screenshots on the site to checkout?

Thanks.

Sign-up and usage is all free, think the best way to see it is just sign-up and 'create IDPA' match.

If you want to keep this match for you personally to play with and see how it works remember to uncheck the 'public' check-box. If a

match is public anyone can see/search for it. I think you will understand what to do when you see thing, just create stages as you need.

Under 'Invite to match' you find a web link you can add to your club web page and have shooters self register. You can also fill out

the form and email them directly this link (to a email list).

If you need anything or add stuff, just drop me an email and I will take care of it !

/ Jens

I created a Microsoft Access based solution in a prior life.....I know many clubs use it. There is also a version for Major matches that tracks entries, shirts/hats, sponsors, etc.

Its called I.D.P.A. Score and is located under applications in the File menu.

www.commencefiring.com

Lee

I run a local IDPA match. We shoot every Tuesday Night, 4 stages, with usually 20 to 35 shooters. We're currently using a spreadsheet based approach to score but it's tedious for data entry. (We score on paper, then calculate & post scores via the spread sheet) (Attached).

Anyone have an easier / quicker means of entering scores? I've heard someone has a PHP IDPA scoring solution around here...

/ forum only accepts zip files, not ods or xls spreadsheets.

Thanks,

Barry

Doesn't IDPA already have a scoring system that you're supposed to get as a part of being an affiliated club?

• 2 years later...

Please check out https://www.UberScoreMaster.com Rapid IDPA Score Entry and Publishing (match management too). It works for both "after-match" and "real-time during match" entry. It runs on ALL computers with Internet access and there is nothing to install. Best of all, it's 100% free!

• Squad Management
  • Supports real-time entry for smartphones
  • Preliminary score viewing during the match
  • Graphical Charts
  • Exports to Excel
  • Email and text messages results to participants
  • Algorithmic score checking
  • Pre-match signup
  • ... and much more!

Check out the videos here: https://www.uberscoremaster.com/videos.aspx

chart.PNG

uberlogo3.png