Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft in the Living Room

Jeff686

I just recieved some USPSA Airsoft targets from CED. They were perfect! I'm really pleased with them. Originally, I had planned to construct some target stands and setup a training space in the garage. However, I think I've found a better spot! It seems that pleated drapes are wonderful bb traps! A few binder clips, and you can hang 3-5 targets on the curtains covering out sliding glass door. Wonderfully, the bb's hit the curtain, penetrate into the pleats, and fall to the carpet in a neat little pile. I may even go to the paint store and buy a few wallpaper glue tubs (long skinny and shallow), and put them under the drapes to catch the bb's. Easy clean up! No extra junk to store away in the corner of the garage.

So, after Christmas, when my son gets his new airsoft pistol, we'll start practicing IPSC in the living room!

I wonder what the wife will say!

• 3 weeks later...

...It seems that pleated drapes are wonderful bb traps!...

...I wonder what the wife will say!...

Ummm, you may not want to hear it. :unsure:

Be advised; repeated strikes on the same area of a woven fabric, even with something as light as a .2 gr AS BB going through a cardboard target, can start to loosen and then unravel the weave. The fabric can warp, and can eventually wear through. This I know from using towels and other fabrics as backstops.

Edited by kevin c