Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals Waiting List

SmittyFL

A couple of us are interested in attending the Nationals this year. I understand the waiting list opens May 1, and I understand the deposit stuff.

My question is, how long does it take to find out if you got a slot or not?

Obviously if you're going you need flight, hotel, car, time off work, etc. There is only about 4 months between the waiting list opening and the match, not a lot of time. If they let you know in a couple weeks, no problem. If it takes a couple months, it isn't really enough notice to go anyway.

Anybody know???

Not to hijack the thread, but what about those unused slots that clubs have. Our little club got a slot and we don't intend to use it. Can we just offer it to other clubs or do we turn it back?

Officially, you have to give it back (or let it expire). Unofficially, lots of off-books things happen to club slots.

Not to hijack the thread, but what about those unused slots that clubs have. Our little club got a slot and we don't intend to use it. Can we just offer it to other clubs or do we turn it back?

Your section earned that slot. And, it should be distributed per your section guidelines (I know you don't have a Section Coordinator, you likely don't have by-laws either?).

Anyway...it should go back to the section, to be distributed to the next club in line...and if not used there...get it back to USPSA. We could use it in Ohio. ;)

As an independent club...you shooters earned it (even if a shooter just shot one match, he should be be able to take it). If your members won't be using it...send it back please.:) The next club in line (by mission count) would like to have it.

I signed up a year or two and was notified just a few weeks before the match. I was not able to get off work due to the short notice. I have always been told that if you signed up you would most likely get a spot. The way this years match is set up I would think that there would be even more slots available.