Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why it would matter to anyone if someone entered Pro or Am. Maybe for next year they can just call it the $250 match and the $150 match.

I RO'd you guys on stage 5 of the Pro/Am, and you guys were having too good of a time to be considered Pros! :cheers:

Thanks for all of Brownell's support for this and other great 3 gun events.

I don't know why it would matter to anyone if someone entered Pro or Am. Maybe for next year they can just call it the $250 match and the $150 match.

I RO'd you guys on stage 5 of the Pro/Am, and you guys were having too good of a time to be considered Pros! :cheers:

Thanks for all of Brownell's support for this and other great 3 gun events.

Awesome stuff...thanks right back to all the RO's for making it run! I remember that stage...the 1x optic, 4 MOA dot, and crappy trigger of the AK were found wanting on some of the targets on that particular stage. But it was fun!

And yes..."serious competitors" is a term that I don't feel could be used in reference to our squad. :roflol:

What more could you ask for?

Nothing.

Glad to see you guys there, and thank you for supporting our sport, just as we all support your business. :-) I have no problem with ANYONE choosing to shoot AM match, sponsored or not, sandbagging or not. It's a personal choice until there are criteria around signup/classification... and a random draw prize table settles any discussion there. I was going to sign up for AM match because I am certainly not a pro, but my squad mates talked me into shooting pro and seeing where we stack up against the best. Now that I know... maybe I should have shot AM? :-)

Fantastic to see many new people feel comfortable and shoot a match against people close to their abilities.... with stages that didnt frustrate them too much for being too difficult or finding themselves timing out on every stage.

+1

I think the only way anyone could say anything bad about Jeff and this match is if it is NOT scheduled next year. Unbelievably smooth running and fun. I haven't shot them all but I think it's safe to say this is the new standard for 3 gun matches.

Craig

Yep, waiting to hear that date as well!

Also, remember that some of those "fancy" shirts are not pro but come from shooting other matches or clubs. Mine is from our USPSA club and the sponsors on it are actually sponsoring the club (who else but a Coastal Georgia club would have most of the shirt taken up by a hog and a mosquito :) Another consideration was time, an extra day for shooting Pro was just to much, two days off work was all I could swing. If I shoot Am next year I need a clinic on shooting AND a clinic on how to move up in the random draw. #30 shooting, dead last in random draw! But who cares, had a blast and can only go up from there in the draw.

Also, remember that some of those "fancy" shirts are not pro but come from shooting other matches or clubs. Mine is from our USPSA club and the sponsors on it are actually sponsoring the club (who else but a Coastal Georgia club would have most of the shirt taken up by a hog and a mosquito :) Another consideration was time, an extra day for shooting Pro was just to much, two days off work was all I could swing. If I shoot Am next year I need a clinic on shooting AND a clinic on how to move up in the random draw. #30 shooting, dead last in random draw! But who cares, had a blast and can only go up from there in the draw.

Well you could always tie in the random draw! :sight:

For any AMs wanting shirts, I have a close full. Just PM me and I will make you look like a Pro with a variety of attire that goes back years. Most are free but the Tech Wear shirts are $20 ansd of course you pay shipping even on the t shirts. I now prefer to wear the most comfortable and functional shirts I can find. Nothing like a shirt from a 1995 match to make you look like someone to be reckened with. All shirts XL.

Yes, Dakota was helping out down on the LaRue demo range, it is amazing in the shooting sports how many decorated and undecorated heros we have a chance to walk among every match, and most are the true salt of the earth and the best people you could ever want to know. I am honored and blessed to have known so many of you, some dating back to vietnam, others more recent. Ours is truly a unique sport that offers opportunities to test ourselves against the worlds best and socialize with them as well, I can think of no other sport that has so many of our nations patriots, military, LE, Firefighters, etc all collected in one friendly playing field as ours.

Humbled

Jeff

I saw him on a news interview last night; he seems focused on the men he could not save.

I hope with time he comes to realize the men he did save will result in generations of people saved (children not yet born) and is not limited to the initial 36. I think his fallen brothers, who he could not save, would thank him for his efforts and tell him to honor them by living a good life and to leave any regrets behind.

I don't think anything more could be asked of a man than to give his life to save others which is what he thought he was doing as he expected to die at the onset. I'm sure there have been, are, and will be many more like him serving our country in many ways.

He is my picture of an American.

Thanks to all who have served.

David E.

Hey does anyone remember the vendor that was setup over next to the Larue trailer that had the Glock triggers? He had a sweet 34 that had grip enhancements with a built in magwell. Anyone?

DaG

Hey does anyone remember the vendor that was setup over next to the Larue trailer that had the Glock triggers? He had a sweet 34 that had grip enhancements with a built in magwell. Anyone?

DaG

Glocktriggers.com

Yep and the grip was done by Gripreductions.com

I saw him on a news interview last night; he seems focused on the men he could not save.

I hope with time he comes to realize the men he did save will result in generations of people saved (children not yet born) and is not limited to the initial 36. I think his fallen brothers, who he could not save, would thank him for his efforts and tell him to honor them by living a good life and to leave any regrets behind.

I don't think anything more could be asked of a man than to give his life to save others which is what he thought he was doing as he expected to die at the onset. I'm sure there have been, are, and will be many more like him serving our country in many ways.

He is my picture of an American.

Thanks to all who have served.

David E.

Just FYI. He is on 60 Min. tonight!

I was watching it as well.

He was also giving shooting lessons on the 1000 yard range.

He handed me a $10,000 rifle and I couldn't hit that target.

Later that day I heard he was getting some practice by shooting it offhand. :blink:

Edited by DyNo!