Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New USPSA Rules - when effective

chp5

In reading the minutes of the Board, it seems that the new rules passed in late 2003 go into effect when the 2004 Rule Book book goes into effect.

Does anyoone know a firm date?

I'm shooting Production the the Alabama State match this month and want to make sure I can load 11 rounds in the mag and then just chamber one round (i.e., per the new rules).

Thanks.

Hi Gary,

When the new USPSA Rulebook is published, will a hardcopy be snail-mailed to all members or will it just be a download (or store item) on the website?

As I'm sure you know, IPSC offers a free PDF download from the IPSC website, but members can purchase "The Little Red Book" (rather nice, actually) from the IPSC Store because, frankly, it would cost us mucho dinero to send enough free copies around the world.

Hi Vince,

Even though I am not Gary (thank goodness!) :D the USPSA BOD has not decided on a course of action for the new rule books as yet. I am in favor of mailing a new rule book to all USPSA members and I think that will be the case. Expensive? You bet! But, because of the rules changes, I think every member deserves a copy of the new rule book.

The rule book will be available on the USPSA website, as well.

Arnie

Gene,

At this point, no I do not know when it will be posted. Hopefully, the BOD will soon approve the rules with the changes the BOD has already approved. When that happens, the rules will be posted as soon as possible.

Arnie

The BOD has not voted to approve the new rules with USPSA changes as yet. Hopefully, no more rules changes are forthcoming at this late time, we have to move forward and soon. NROI classes have been canceled for several months, we have to get the rules behind us at long last.

Arnie

[Moderation Mode]

This thread deals with the publication, distribution and effective date of the next USPSA rulebook. Please do not use it to continue arguing about a single component rule which is the subject of another thread which has run it's course and has been closed.

Thank you.

[/Moderation Mode]