Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Audiences

EricW

It never fails. Every time I go to the range, I get an audience. Indoor. Outdoor. Private. Public. I get a frigging audience every time. Don't ask me why. I'm not a talented shooter. I'm usually so into what I'm doing I don't hear anything until the peanut gallery starts yelling back and forth to one another....always while I'm handling a loaded gun, of course.

I don't mean to crabby, uncharitable, or a bad USPSA ambassador, but do me a favor:

Mind your own damned shooting and leave me the hell alone!

[Time for my medication...]

It sounds to me like you are a better shooter than you think.

I'm usually so into what I'm doing I don't hear anything

People like to watch other people who are "in the zone."

If your audience was laughing at you then you would have something to complain about! :D

You were not, by any chance, trying sub-sec draws from the egret stance, were you? :lol::ph34r:

...peace. :D

LOL!

Shsshh! We never talk about or demo The Egret in public.

====================================

Erik,

You think I'm going to take any fashion tips from any of you after the Pistol Pete incident(s)?

I hate it when you're called to calibrate a Mini-Popper at 25 metres in front of the Super Squad and with a cast of dozens in the peanut gallery watching you.

It's amazing how a shot like that makes you feel like the future of the universe depends on you hitting the calibration zone dead centre using a Glock 17 with standard factory sights (e.g. Popper? What bloody popper???) :wacko:

And it really doesn't help when the Super Squad are giggling as dollar bills start changing hands in your peripheral vision while you're lining up the shot ......

Mind your own damned shooting and leave me the hell alone!

Just be careful that you don't move so fast you leave your underwear behind. Then you have to endure the laughter.

I REALLY hate it when they point and laugh.

[Thread Drift On]

I hate it when you're called to calibrate a Mini-Popper at 25 metres in front of the Super Squad and with a cast of dozens in the peanut gallery watching you.

It's amazing how a shot like that makes you feel like the future of the universe depends on you hitting the calibration zone dead centre using a Glock 17 with standard factory sights (e.g. Popper? What bloody popper???)

And it really doesn't help when the Super Squad are giggling as dollar bills start changing hands in your peripheral vision while you're lining up the shot ......

At the Mississippi Section match a couple years ago, our Range Master brought his steel gun, a comped STI 9mm with a Bushnell Holosight on top, for his calibration gun. The ammo chronoed right around 130 I believe. Whenever he was called, you could hear the rumble through the crowd, "Is that a Super?" "What kind of calibration gun is THAT?" It was pretty funny. It worked really well though otherwise and definitely made it easier on him. No anxiety about difficult shots, poor sights, or a rough trigger.

[/Thread Drift Off]

Eric -

Here's an idea, charge admission! When a crowd gathers say, "If everyone has handed in their check we can continue with the demonstration!"

Then look each one of them in the eye while you grip your roscoe. You might want to throw in a body tick or two, like you've got terets. That should do the trick.