Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need advice on front and rear slide serrations

Truegent2004

When ordering my new STI EDGE, my gunsmith asked me what type of serrations I wanted on the front and rear slide. I had no idea.

All I've ever owned is glock so the decision was always made for me. I'm assuming that most of you have the same cut on the rear and front, but all opinions (and justifications) are welcome. B)

If you like Glock serrations, you'll probably like STI serrations. I prefer Caspian and Springfield serrations. SV serrations aren't bad, either. Basically, any style but STI. :)

Now, to address, a pet peeve you touched on...

An STI Edge is a pistol built in the STI factory in Georgetown, TX. If your local smith or Benny Hill or Ross Carter or whoever builds a gun just like the STI Edge, it's a custom gun, not an Edge.

I really like the standard wide STI serrations front and rear. Mine are so sharp it feels like you could shave with them, BUT despite several years of heavy use I've never cut myself on them. Yeah, yeah I know, what would I know about shaving!

Seriously, I like the way the gun looks with front and rear serrations and I like they way the wide serrations work. If I wanted skateboard tape, I would still be riding my skateboard. I'm not spending $K dollars for a gun that looks like a "Junkyard Wars" gun, I want "Star Wars"!