Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

o.a.l. of stock shotgun

COLD ETHYL

I must be reading this wrong :blink: ..... surely the entire length cant be 20" as the Golds action is 8 1/2" meaning the bbl and stock is 11 1/2 therefore a 6" bbl etc.

Doesn't CE mean the barrel length on a 'stock' (standard / limited ?) gun cant be no more than 20" and his is a 24" turkey model ??

If not thats a way cool Gold !! :D

I'm a little puzzled by the comments in this thread, myself. In tactical/limited, I beleive barrel lengths as short as 18 1/2 inches are allowed, as are barrels as long as 28 inches. Certainly 22 inch barrels (ala: Remington CM) are legal; and that's the length on my shotgun. If they changed the rules since I set mine up, I guess I'm screwed :blink:

Hope someone can clear this up.

Chuck

Cold Ethyl,

You said "USPSA", so from the Red Book 14th Edition, Shotgun Standard Division, "Maximum Shotgun Length = NO". Any barrel length looks ok for USPSA Standard (and the new Tactical aggregate).

However, IMGA rules specify 22" max barrel length (and 23" max magazine length), so if you want a gun for both rule sets, that is the limit, and your 24" Gold is too long for IMGA matches to be in Tactical.

Lee