Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production div question

ogiebb

im about to give production division a real "BIG" try and im about to invest on some stuff like holster , belts ,mags and mag holders. but i want to know if the AW ban doesnt go through and we are finally free from 10 rnd mags will USPSA production division keep the rule on using 10 rounders or go ala IPSC highcap mags with race holsters?...thanks :D

All of the people I shoot production with truly like the 10 round limit. It allows all guns to compete on the exact same level regardless of the full capacity of each gun. It also allows 9mm and 40sw to compete equally in the division. I would be suprised in USPSA did away w/ the 10-round limit regardless if the AW ban sunsets or not.

It pains me to say that the U.S. Senate has voted to retain ALL restrictions found in the 1994 Omnibus Crime Bill ( the AWB ban and magazine capacity restrictions). :angry:

The "anti's" still have to get the renewal through the House and have the President sign it ( which I have no doubt he will IF it gets that far).

I wouldn't pawn off those 10 round mags just yet. <_<

Gentlemen, yes the Senate added some amendments that we didn't like. However the bill they were attached to S-1805 was defeated 90-8. So the end result is, it never happened. The protection for the gun makers died, but so did the AW Ban extension and the gun show provision.

I am sure they will try again for the renewal, but this time it is from scratch.