Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15 Sear

Dan H.

I have a JP trigger group in my AR, a few months ago it started to double on me .I adjusted it and got that fixed but the trigger is not near as nice so I want to replace the sear. My question is should I buy another JP sear or will any brand work? Thanks Dan H.

Dan, What you should do is contact JP Rifles on the phone and get their advice on how to check to see if you actually need any new parts. They are really good about helping the customer out. Or even better yet, ship the lower to them and let them make it wonderful for you with a full on installation using oversize pins. My JP trigger (installed in an older Eagle Arms lower on oversize pins) has about 7 k on it and it is still as light and crisp and SAFE as day 1.

The fact that a JP trigger group doubled on you at all tells me that someone other than JP Rifles, or a "Qualified" smith did the installation. I don't believe in "Drop In" triggers when you are talking about superlight and supercrisp at the same time. I know the JP and the Jewel are supposed to be "Do It Yourself", but I do not recommend it. Not when an unsafe condition is the possible result of any attempt at economy.

--

Regards,

If the disconnector is worn, and causing your doubles ( probable if the trigger is adjusted properly ) .

Then a standard disconector may be used, per a call to JP regarding this very question. It will have to be fit in the same manner as the original per installation instructions.

Travis F.

I couldn't think that the "sear"/trigger was worn out. I have over 20,000 rounds on one and it is still going great? Yes I have had to retune the disconector twice but it is fairly easy, but I will let John tell you how to do that! KURTM