Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New target

Jeeper

I have been making some new targets for my club and finished one today. I have a few more in the works but this is the first one that is done. I tested it a few weeks ago at a match and it worked fine. It might make it into the line up for space city in april.

DCP_2567.JPG

DCP_2565.JPG

DCP_2570.JPG

I am going to make apage on my website dedicated to targets that I see or that I can get picture of so that people can copy the designs for their own clubs.

Lets see.

Shoot steel

Two targets rise. :D:D

Simply a weighted hinge. Nothing fancy. The plate is heavy enough and offset enough to bring up the paper even with long sticks attached. Simple to reset.

Hurry and put it outside in the rain...see how it works when those target get a bit water-logged. (Local club has a big popper that brings up a single paper target when the popper falls. Pretty cool, but we have to be careful of water-weight.)

Clever use of angle to avoid splatter-ifying the front targets. Is there enough weight for reliable operation on a windy day? We don't bother shooting if it's raining, but wind we have plenty of on the range.

It has an adjustment screw to allow for setting it like a popper. It actually comes up pretty easily. That plate is heavy and so is the pole it is on. It is set back about 6 inches from the center of the hinge. Without the target sticks in the plate wont stay up. I am going to test it in a bigger match outside here in a couple weeks. I also have another activator type target I am fabbing up right now. I copied this idea from one I saw that only had one target appear. The two target definately took more work with making it activate.