Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are you a multi press household?

lumpygravy

2 Lee Loadmasters, one .45 ACP, one 9x19. Those are the calibers I shoot and that covers large and small primers.

Eventually, I would not mind a 1050.

I got the first press for a great deal and got the second press plus money for a slide I'd won at a match.

They sit side by side in my office/realoading room.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an RL 1050 set up for 38 SC.

Then there's a 550 which I can't decide if I'm going to keep set up for small primers or large. ( I HATE the time and hassle of changing between small and large.)

Then there's the SDB set up in 9mm .. which is odd, since I don't reload 9mm.. hm.

Oh, and then there is the Super 1050 set up in 308, that nestles unused in the box and has done so for a year now. ( I REALLY need to clear out all the rubbish from the loding room and get it set up..)

So.

All I need now is a 650 set up for small primers to load 223 and what not.

Then, I WILL be happy for the rest of my life!

,, well ..

Siphon

Funny, you guys talk about slow. I started reloading in 1975 on a very tight budget. with one of these.

leeloader.jpg

LOL. I loaded 12 ga. on the shotgun version of the Lee Loader when I first shot skeet 40 years ago. Making the crimp was tough and by the time I loaded 50 rounds/week for my league, my right hand was so sore I could hardly grip my shotgun!

I hate loading ammo. I started with a Square Deal B, progressed to a 650 when a friend made me a deal, and then a couple of years later, found a used RL 1050 on e-bay. The 1050 is permanently set up for 9mm production loading -- which I shoot probably 9/10 matches. The 650 is hanging around loading everything else, since it's easier and cheaper to caliber convert.

The SDB was sold long ago....

I'm sure I don't load nearly as much as you, but I kind of like it. Gets me out of the kitchen, I'm set up in the basement and turn on iTunes on my laptop. Usually I'm surprised when I look at my watch and it's way past bedtime.

I finally jumped up to a 1050 a couple of months ago. I simply was spending too much time loading that could be better used for other things (like sleep, dry fire, etc). I have the 1050 set up for .38SC as that's what I shoot the most of. I have an SDB set up for .40, but also have complete conversions for .38SC and 9mm. On top of that I also have a turret press for rifle rounds, load development, or low volume stuff like 44-40 (might go through 100 of those a year). R,

Do you have a Redding or RCBS turret press? I'm looking to add another rifle station and might get a turret one to go with my RCBS Rockchucker. Mainly so I can set up my three main hunting calibers and not have to touch them again.

I currently have a lee turret and a 550. I plan on un bolting the throwing the lee turret and throwing it in the scrap pile. Unbolting the 550 and moving it over to were the lee was and replacing it with a 650. I don't actually need the 650 I just want it.

Nope, 1 press here. All you need is a 550 and abunch of tool heads!

And EastKoy, you are damn lucky! ;)

What Grumpy said. I have a Square Deal B that I had planned to set up for 9mm but one I started loading on the 550 and saw how easy it was, abandoned the idea. I'm about to trade the SDB for bullets. Never too many of those!

And EastKoy, be very, very afraid. Something's up, Honey. :unsure:

Sherry

I started with a Herter's, upgraded to a Rock Chucker when I lost the shell holders. I've loaded thousands on the single stage but never knew what I was missing until I got a 550 a month ago. In what would have taken me all winter I've loaded 800 .308 and 1450 .38s. It's amazing to me how quick things go with the change to the progressive. Even though loading .308 requires two trips through the press it is still much quicker just adding a case and pulling the handle.

I'm keeping the Rock Chucker for loading hunting ammunition but the 550 has given me tons of time to practice and do other things. I love it.

(2) XL650's with case feeders, (1) RCBS Pro2000, (1) RCBS Rockchucker, (1) MEC JR - for shotshell

Toolheads

650s: 9mm & 40

Pro2000: 380ACP, 9mm, 40S&W, 10mm, 45ACP, 357sig, 38/357, 44mag, 50AE, 460S&W, .223, .308, 7.62x39

Rockchucker: Resizing/processing and loading hunting rifle ammo

MEC: 12/20ga

I don’t ever throw anything away and don’t sell things I like that work. Also, the only way to know you will have every spare part you might need on hand, is to have two of everything, 366’s, and all of the Dillon’s except the 550 and singles of different turret and single stage presses.

550 setup for Pistol and 223

2 Rockchucker Supreme presses setup for precision rifle and hunting stuff(one just lives with my comp rifles dies screwed into it)

Thinking about adding a 1050 to the bench now. Would rather spend more time shooting than loading.