Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Do You Do About Frauds?

gumshoe

"I once told a writer from Soldier of Fortune I'd been an Airborne clerk typist. He stared at me in amazement, then turned to everyone else in the class and said, "If this man ever offers to sell you anything....buy it." I have to admit I got a laugh out of that."

There were always people at the old Second Chance shoot who could sell anything, as everyone knew they were as honest as the day was long. And others who could sell anything because we all knew they'd screwed it up, would sell it cheap, and you could fix it at a small cost and be stylin'.

You are obviously in the former group. By the way, how's the camera working?

Duane,

I was stationed at Bragg from 84-88 with 18th ABN CORPS ARTY in what used to be B BTRY 26th FA (TAB). I really don't think we had any business being on jump status, as the radar system we used certainly couldn't be LAPE'sed or dropped, and would probably break down just driving it off a C5. I had a guaranteed assignment to the 82nd via my enlistment contract, but our unit had been reassigned to Corps Artillery before I got there in July 84.

That being said, I did make 44 jumps in 3.5 years. I'm proud of my service, and certainly don't embellish what it is I did.

Brian