Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Space City Challenge 2011

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will. Looks like i'll be sending out another couple of plaques. I'll make sure the right people get an award. thanks for the heads up.

very tired jack

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I will. Looks like i'll be sending out another couple of plaques. I'll make sure the right people get an award. thanks for the heads up.

very tired jack

Thanks again for all your hard work, jack.

That is great Jack, I need to add another plaque to my small collection, LOL. Thanks for all the hard work you and everyone else put in to make the match a success. I had a great time and will definitely be back next year.

very tired jack

You need to go sleep for a week or so. Thanks again!

Whoa! That 2nd stage (with the STAR) ... I'm thinking that if I have the timer in my hand, I'm yelling STOP at the top of my lungs once you go back uprange of the RO.

Didn't look safe AT ALL to me - a shooter with a loaded gun and 2 RO's that were now downrange of him.

Am I missing something here?

STOP. Reshoot. Or RO's pay more attention and stay behind the shooter.

There was a mistake made there, but it was not Strick's mistake. The RO has to move with the shooter and it is their responsibility to stay behind the gun.

You are correct, when the ROs realized they were trapped. They should have STOPPED and re-shot.

I ran some shooters on this stage on Saturday. At the very least, the ROs should have been on the back fault line and moving with the shooter. I was running a few feet up on the berm. It is a 20 foot tall berm and I stayed low. You always have to be prepared for the shooter to do the unexpected.

The other thing is that the paper targets in the middle section should have been screened by no-shoots to eliminate shooting them at that extreme angle. My bad on that one. This was not intended to be in the bay it was in. This bay doglegs to the right about half way down and it gets pretty tight on that back fault line.

While the cascading activators worked, it was a long re-set and caused the back-up really needed more resources to stay on time than we had available on Saturday. I worked the re-set and ran shooters for two squads on this stage in the afternoon to try to keep from getting further behind. Fortunately, Eric Achord was available to relieve me so I could help Roman with the prize table a little. (Not nearly enough, Roman.) Thank you, Eric and Roman.

On Sunday, we had more help available. We put additional people to help with the re-set and got ROs that could keep up. Thanks to Jerry McClain and Kent Leslie for stepping up and helping Sid Kulcak, John Grimes and Eric. They all did a great job on Sunday keeping us on time.

In retrospect, we should have done something different with that stage.

Jack

edited to remove an extra "did"

Edited by murkish

Awesome match once again. Thanks to the ROs and match staff!

http://re-gun.com/20...city-challenge/

Congratulations again, Dave. I enjoyed the video. It is amazing how little shooting I actually got to see.

Also, thanks for the guidance on the back end of the match. Historically, I have been ROing and then tearing down stages when all of the scoring and awards are going on. I learned a lot and it will be smoother next year.

Regards,

Jack

Great Match!!! Thanks to Jack and all the hard working volunteers that made it happen. The weather was beautiful, and the stages were all great. See ya'll again next year.

Edited by JorDanO

Just an FYI, I know the guy that was 2nd B and he didn't find out he made A til he got home from the match and got his card in the mail.

Never doubted his integrity Spanky! I'm just proud he came in 3rd A so I could come in 3rd B. Good Shooting and see you at the next event.