Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I was not even planning on getting a new gun when I found I deal I couldn't beat. I had been using a stock Hi-power .40 in Limited 10 and had looked at the STI and SV's but could rationalize spending so much since I had just started(Not to mention convincing my wife).

Then I found a local listing for a SV 40 with accessories for $1100. When I called the guy he told me it also came with 4 hi-cap mags, USA speed holster and 4 mag pouches, a Dillon Square Deal, 2000 bullets, a few thousand brass, and 8lbs of powder.

Suddenly I found my self with an awsome limited gun that has run 100% and am also now reloading my own free ammo. Now if I can just find time to practice. :D

Jason

he practically gave you the gun......

I was not even planning on getting a new gun when I found I deal I couldn't beat. I had been using a stock Hi-power .40 in Limited 10 and had looked at the STI and SV's but could rationalize spending so much since I had just started(Not to mention convincing my wife).

Then I found a local listing for a SV 40 with accessories for $1100. When I called the guy he told me it also came with 4 hi-cap mags, USA speed holster and 4 mag pouches, a Dillon Square Deal, 2000 bullets, a few thousand brass, and 8lbs of powder.

Suddenly I found my self with an awsome limited gun that has run 100% and am also now reloading my own free ammo. Now if I can just find time to practice. :D

Jason

Jason,

I'll give you $1200 for the gun and the mags, you keep the rest, make a $100 profit and make the wife happy!!

What you get when you purchase a $2,000 blaster from a custom 'smith is about $1400 worth of high quality parts and $600 worth of expert craftsmanship.

Remember, getting your car repaired easily costs over $60 per hour. The crafsmanship part of the price is the biggest bargain and adds the most value to the gun. In the last year I've gotton to try out several new pistols. The $1000 S&W 1911 is nice. The $1,000 Kimbers are good too. But, I also got to shoot guns built by guys like Dave Lauck, Bob Londrigan, and Benny Hill. These guns will give you goosebumps! B)

Figure out what you're going to spend on gas money, motels, match fees and practice ammo. Then order the custom gun. It's not cheaper, but it is much more affordable.

It seems that the high end guns from "name" gunsmiths are closer to $4000 than $2000. Does that change the picture at all?

Maybe years from now, people will collect custom guns based on the name of the smith in the same way that they do katana today. We just have to see if the guns last a few centuries. That way we can all claim we're just investing in collectables for the future! When you shoot the gun to the point where it's worthless, you're on your own for an explanation :D

Kevin

KDJ

I have a full out custom Colt 70Series Combat Commander that my smith built in '95 for me. I have over 100k rounds thru it. Just did a tune up, installed new rails, reblue and new hard chrome. I paid 1250 for it in '95, offered 2250 for it yesterday. Take care of them and I don't think they wear out.

Tloop

Still lots cheaper than racing cars!!

Local short track, at least 30k a year for motor, Thousand bucks a week for tires,

price for people in the pits, sheet metal, gas,and transportation? 40 foot inclosed trailer (With elect. heat & A/C) and truck.

This stuff nornally does not go up in value!

I bought two SVI new and 1 SVI second-hand, because I know that they're quality guns (esp. expensive over here in Europe, even more than $3000,-- a piece)

But now I'm sure that every miss is my fault and not the gun's.

As long as I'm able to afford them...I just buy new one's. Not to show them off but to shoot the heck out of them.

HS