Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do your co-workers know you shoot?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own my own business and all my employees know I shoot. A couple are moderately anti-gun but like mentioned earlier if I say I am a competitive shooter their

attitude seems to soften. Other than that everyone else thinks it is fine especially my office manager whose daughter is a police officer.

Sounds like the real question is: How many of us dryfire, reload, and do minor gunsmithing at the office?

I do!! :cheers: Mostly case prep stuff for rifle shooting tho

And I installed a scope on my new muzzleloader a couple weeks ago B)

Edited by Corey

Sounds like the real question is: How many of us dryfire, reload, and do minor gunsmithing at the office?

It really seams like that should be the topic.

Edited by RoryW

Everybody where I work knows. I often get asked "Where's the match this weekend" or "How did your match go?" :cheers:

Same here... And I've gotten 2-3 out shooting regularly.

I have nothing to hide a competitive shooter. If you fear guns, you're just f-ing nuts, so I don't bother trying to "change you".

A grown man with a gun is 1000 times safer than a 16 yr old with car keys... I think other people are crazy for letting their kids drive. Call me crazy...

Jeff

Oh Yes... I get a lot of my co-workers that ask how the matches went... they know I am a club President and I do a lot of my match prep at work... I even use the copier to make all of the score sheets. If I didn't have this kind of support at work? I would never have the time to run a club.

Yep, everyone at work knows I shoot. I have taken several non gun co-workers shooting, along with the Boss and the customers as well. One of the customers and I had an incident about 10 years ago, needless to say, I was suspended, he was demoted, and I was banned from working in the offices where he was stationed. Finally, to heal the old wounds, I took him shooting (He called my boss after I talked to him about it and asked if I was going to shoot him!). I wouldn't say we were friends now, but we are no longer enemies....

I work at a land surveying/civil engineering firm .A few of my co-workers have taken their CPL training from me and my training partner. They also know that if I have clothes on, I have at least one firearm on my persons. They also think that since I am "the guy", I should know EVERYTHING about EVERY gun that has EVER been made. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

What type of business are each of us in? I think that might have some bearing on our decision to disclose our love of shooting. <_<

Edited by sirveyr

Most of my co-workers know I shoot. The 650 in my office kind of gives it away. :D My boss is a shooter and I reload for us in the office.

:surprise: wow

You don't work with Dillon do you? :lol:

I work with a Dillon during parts of the day, but sadly I don't work for Dillon. Work for an elevator company.

Edited by ronhonda

• 4 weeks later...

Most of my co-workers know I shoot. The 650 in my office kind of gives it away. :D My boss is a shooter and I reload for us in the office.

I work with a Dillon during parts of the day, but sadly I don't work for Dillon. Work for an elevator company.

My coworkers know, and they were nice enough to sign a good luck card when I went off to shoot the MGM IronMan for the first time last year. While Season 1 of Top Shot was airing it became a common topic of conversation around the office, and I took a few of them to the range to fire their first shots.

Edited by banditg1rl

Elevator Company! which one?

I work at a land surveying/civil engineering firm .A few of my co-workers have taken their CPL training from me and my training partner. They also know that if I have clothes on, I have at least one firearm on my persons. They also think that since I am "the guy", I should know EVERYTHING about EVERY gun that has EVER been made. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

What type of business are each of us in? I think that might have some bearing on our decision to disclose our love of shooting. <_<

Hey I'm glad I'm not the only surveyor on here:) All my co-workers know I shoot and occassionally I do a little 'smithing while I'm at the office, but usually it's just rummaging through boxes when I get things shipped there. It's usually....."OK, what'd you get this time" when the UPS guy shows up with a box.

JLR, PLS #42697