Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sketchup Stage Design Tip

Mark R

I've updated the Google Sketchup Template I use. I put the latest version dated 20 Nov 2011 in my collection on Google Warehouse (for anyone using the template). The new name is USPSA Stage Design Template under DVCMarkR collection.

The update adds a no-shoot between the top and bottom targets on a stacked target set...to prevent edge-hit scoring issues.

Also some new steel.

Enjoy! ;)

Didn't you just exchange one set of edge scoring hits for another set of edge scoring hits? Instead of getting a hit on an edge that scores points on two targets, now you'll get a hit on edge the scores points on one target, and and a penalty on the other one.

No more so than any no-shoot that overlaps a scoring target (see roughly half the approved classifiers). It does, however, avoid the opportunity for a lucky shooter to get 8 or 9 pts with one hit.

BB

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just discovered this thread, and sketchup! Thanks to Mark R for the tips and the template. I volunteered to design a stage for our 3gun match this month, and this is a tremendous help. Much better than the powerpoint the MD is using now.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm need of a sketchup prop which is a black PP used for hardcover in front of other PP. I've tried using the paint bucket to color the face of the prop in the template, but I cannot accomplish the mission. Also if anyone could create a black hardcover steel target in the shape of the standard metric I would appreciate that also.

I'm need of a sketchup prop which is a black PP used for hardcover in front of other PP. I've tried using the paint bucket to color the face of the prop in the template, but I cannot accomplish the mission. Also if anyone could create a black hardcover steel target in the shape of the standard metric I would appreciate that also.

Centermass...take any target you have now and explode it. May need to explode it more than once. Get to the individual sides, then you can re-color the flat area/side. Remember to regroup al lthe components back together before trying to move/copy.

Centermass...take any target you have now and explode it. May need to explode it more than once. Get to the individual sides, then you can re-color the flat area/side. Remember to regroup al lthe components back together before trying to move/copy.

Fantastic! Worked just how you said. Thanks Mark!

Fantastic! Worked just how you said. Thanks Mark!

Lucky guess! You're Welcome.