Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting To Shoot Tgo's Guns

jhgtyre

Today at Rio Rob Leatham setup a bay with a bunch of steel and three tables full of guns and ammo. Members got to shoot all the different guns at some plate racks and various large and small steel targets. So I loaded up the van and took the family out to play.

There were LOTS of XD's some fairly stock and some pretty tricked out. One of the tricked out models had buried Bo-mars, a great trigger, flared magwell, etc... There was even one in .45 GAP which I really dug in spite of a my initial concerns about people messing around with the .45 ACP cartridge.

Of course there were quite a few 1911's and three of them were the TGO models. To round out the selection there was a 9mm Open gun and a couple of 40s&w Limited guns. All extremely accurate and a blast to shoot.

I like shooting others peoples guns and ammo! So Rob thank you and thank Springfield for footing the bill!

-ld

Coool. Shooting somebody else's guns and ammo is ALWAYS a good thing, and even more so when the somebody is TGO.

I share your concerns about the .45 GAP, but have not yet had the chance to shoot one. So far it still seems like a bad idea to me, but I could be wrong. It has happened once or twice before. :lol:

How were the triggers on the tricked out XD's??

the SA custom shop is supposed to have some pretty trick mods for those guns..

The XD that looked the most tricked out is the one I shot the most. It had a light, short takeup, with a short reset. I didn't like it as much as a good 1911 trigger but it was nicer than any of the Glock trigger jobs I have gotten to try. Before you ask, I have no idea who did the Glock triggers I have tried. B)

-ld

I officially hate all of you who get to shoot at the home range of Brian, TGO and who ever else...

:angry:<_<B)

Hey you left out Angus, Don G, Matt, and a BUNCH of other shooters who kick ass! It is cool and kind of depressing all at the same time. ;)

-ld