Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brian Enos EAA Limited

Jody Waring

I recently seen an EAA Limited gun labeled something like 'Brian Enos Limited' or custom, something like that. The gun was on GunsAmerica. Anybody know anything about these, and were they just factory guns, or built for B.E by a 'smith? I know when Doug K. was sponsored by EAA I think George Huening built his guns. Just something I am curious about.

The Supersight by EAA I had heard wasn't very durable, I have one but never put it on a gun. From what I've read, they wouldn't last long for you Erik :P I don't think I've seen those mag-pads in person, I'm assuming they're hollow? The pads Tanfoglio produces look nothing like those, so I am unsure of who the manufacturer is.

Well, you can't fit a Bo-Mar in a SuperSight cut. And I can tell by the large hinge pin and large rear blade that it's a SS on that gun.

Actually, there were factory base pads like that. I have a couple and several clones somebody made for me. They are hollow, and a couple screws in the back keep them from sliding off the mag. They give a couple extra rounds in 9, one or two in 40. I had to do some grinding to make them fit in the gun with the magwell of my P9.

That would be a nice Limited 10 gun, or a Hawaiian Limited gun, or a Canadian Standard gun. The price is about right for a custom P9 Open gun.

As in my case, they always break during matches or if that doesn't happen your fiber optic has a will of its own. :angry:

DVC, Henny.

P.S. When are the manufacturers are going to do something about that? <_<

Because we pay a lot of money for those gadgets.

Jody, as for Bo-Mar....

In my case a Bo-Mar sight was fitted by Maurice Drummen Custom Guns, my favourite gunsmith (Netherlands). The genuine hinge pin broke twice, I replaced it by a nail, made of a softer metal, and since then it works well (until now! :rolleyes: )

But on a match 2 weeks ago my fiber optic decided to get a life of its own. It's an Alfaro bright sight. (Costs me almost $200)

I consider to take it of and fit a normal front sight to my gun. No trouble again and for me in the future no expensive gadgets anymore!

Simplicity is the answer!

DVC, Henny.

Yes Jody,

Maurice is Saul's gunsmith. Bomars break, everything on an gun eventually breaks, as Brian stated correctly; phoned Maurice today for a replacement.

I know for sure that he'll find a cure for my problem with the Bomar-sight, because Maurice is a gifted gunsmith and IPSC-shooter, so he knows what he's talking about!

DVC, Henny.

PS. www.mauricedrummen.nl. E-mail:info@mauricedrummen.nl.