Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft Training?

pranavdc

Hello all!

After reading every "Airsoft" post in the search que I have found that the "good" glock 17 GBB airsoft is no longer available! So is there another that is ok for airsoft practice? I see a HFC model for about $75. Is this one ok to use and will it get me thru the winter? Or does anyone have a good condition KSC G17 for sale? Secondly if I can't find a G17 GBB, is it worth it to pick something else to practice if it isn't the same platform? Thanks for any help!

Cheers!

In my experience the plastic barrel sleeve on the HFC cracks and disables the gun every 5,000 rounds like clockwork. And I say that as a guy who broke three of them before I gave up on the HFC.

That might not be so bad if replacement parts were readily available - just replace the barrel sleeve when it breaks. Unfortunately replacement parts for these "guns" seem to be pretty much impossible to find.

• 2 months later...

Did you ever find a good working airsoft pistol? I am a Glock shooter and from what I understand there aren't any for sale because Glock threatened them. Rumor has it Glock and at least one manufacturer are talking at least. I went with a KWA 1911 Double stack that works great and feels very real with weight and texture. I beat it up and use it a lot and it has held up great so far. They do tend to break once and a while as they were never designed for the abuse we put them through.