Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Load/powder For Bedell's Shorty Open Gun

AzoneHits

A friend of mine wants to know what the best load & powder would be for the bedell's shorty open gun 38 super using a 124gr. JHP. Curenntly using vit. N350. He thinks that someone might have a better load that will shoot flat and soft. Any suggestions out there? Thanks for your comments. :)

I am shooting a Dawson mingun with 2 barrell ports and a 4 port comp and have gone back to his reccomendation for Shortys....shoots very flat and nice...

IMR 4756...Roze 121 JHP in 38 Super Comp.......for the 124 I used the Montana Gold for a while and 8.9 to 9.1 makes Major....take care.. WES

My current load, with full size open gun is the same as singlestack's, except, I only use 8.2 grains of N-350.

I was going to start with that load, when my Bedell shorty gets here. Maybe I'll mooch some of the other powders you guys suggested, from some of my shooting buddies, to compare them. I know guys that shoot the AA7 and vv337 & 338, in their full sized open guns, but, I don't know of anyone around here that uses the IMR powders for pistol.